Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Ings ghosted a bit yesterday. 

He really doesn't look very mobile and he doesn't press enough for me. 

Ings would not get in my team. Watkins is my guy. 

Players do have bad games and when a team is losing it's very hard for all the team to be showing. Main thing is he was still out there trying.

I do have a feeling we brought a player who on his days kicks ass but its finding that day and it's a similar type of feeling to what we get with AEG.

I personally would of dropped the extra money and bought Tammy over Ings but what's done is done now. I just hope we don't live to regret buying Ings where we have a missing player in games if were against the ropes.

See although Ings is late 20s and has played a certain way at southampton, he will be coached by Smith to press more, Smith can add that to his game and he's certainly going to have to do it if he's to remain with us. Another reason why I'd of preferred Tammy is that at least he presses much like Watkins does for us and both of them would of been a strike partnership in heaven.

Edited by Dave-R

5 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Players do have bad games and when a team is losing it's very hard for all the team to be showing. Main thing is he was still out there trying.

I do have a feeling we brought a player who on his days kicks ass but its finding that day and it's a similar type of feeling to what we get with AEG.

I personally would of dropped the extra money and bought Tammy over Ings but what's done is done now. I just hope we don't live to regret buying Ings where we have a missing player in games if were against the ropes.

See although Ings is late 20s and has played a certain way at southampton, he will be coached by Smith to press more, Smith can add that to his game and he's certainly going to have to do it if he's to remain with us. Another reason why I'd of preferred Tammy is that at least he presses much like Watkins does for us and both of them would of been a strike partnership in heaven.

Edouard over both of them for me.

What a player that guy looks

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Undecided about him, at one point I thought hes be ace for us but not so much anymore. I certainly don't think Edouard is better than Ings or Tammy. He has a season ahead of him to prove he's capable of being a top striker.

I've watched him for years. Talented but attitude stinks. You think Ings ghosts?

Edouard will just about hit double digits then down tools if he doesn't get a move doesn't get a new deal or just gets bored.

• Like 1

Far too early to judge one way or another, but you can’t deny Ings record. 1 in 2 this season so far, well marshalled by a very strong defensive unit yesterday is no embarrassment. It will take until Christmas for us to find how we play together, but I am sure some games he will score when Watkins doesn’t. I don’t think Dean will hesitate in subbing or making hard decisions this season, we have a lot of talent waiting to get on.

Edited by thunderball

Ings wasn't heavily involved but having him in the team definitely led to us getting more space in that final 3rd. 

Defenders have to think about him and his movement allows Watkins to find space. 

I think they'll be a very good front two.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

If you had of watched him at Celtic you would have a different opinion. Plays when he feels like it and doesn’t like to work.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I've watched him for years. Talented but attitude stinks. You think Ings ghosts?

Edouard will just about hit double digits then down tools if he doesn't get a move doesn't get a new deal or just gets bored.

I've not been impressed by Ings pressing and general work rate.

He is no Ollie. Far from.

8 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Yep, as much as I rate Ings’ finishing, Watkins’ overall play is so much more valuable to the team. Although I do think that they can play together, they don’t necessarily have to. 

Is it? I'm not so sure. Someone has to score goals, and that is pretty damn hard. I hope they start to work better together, yesterday there was no chemistry between them.

4 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Is it? I'm not so sure. Someone has to score goals, and that is pretty damn hard. I hope they start to work better together, yesterday there was no chemistry between them.

Watkins doesn't score goals now?

I would absolutely bench Ings and play 4-3-3.

Buendia and Bailey on the wings. Ollie up top. Luiz, Ramsey and McGinn in midfield and let's destroy some teams.

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Watkins doesn't score goals now?

I would absolutely bench Ings and play 4-3-3.

Buendia and Bailey on the wings. Ollie up top. Luiz, Ramsey and McGinn in midfield and let's destroy some teams.

It's not so clear Watkins' overall play is more important than Ings' scoring. That was the issue.

I've not been impressed by Ings pressing and general work rate.

He is no Ollie. Far from.

Not his best game yesterday, but his work rate and pressing are miles ahead of where we were last season, his stats back this up too.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jim said:

Ings hasn’t come here to sit on the bench. 

Yes, that's true, and we haven't paid £30m for him to seat on the bench.

In hypothetical scenario, where 2 up front doesn't work for us and Ings doesn't perform, it might make it difficult for Smith to drop him to the bench.

We saw that last season with Barkley. He was crap for many games, yet Smith was persevering with him and kept playing him. There's big pressure on to keep your "big" players playing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â