Tim Iroegbunam

useless

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Oh oh.  Monchi strikes again 👀

not sure its really a Monchi thing, its more a Unai one as he just hasnt used him at all. 

My feeling is Tim would have been on loan at the start of the season if not for injuries, to take opportunities he has been competing with an extremely strong group in an extremely important position. 

No surprises here, hopefully another 5-10m in the coffers.

• Like 1

Another massively overrated player by VillaTalk.  Going back a few pages and looking at how some talked up this kid is hilarious.  I wish him the best, but expecting a youngster who struggled most of last season at QPR to somehow start the season ahead of a Belgian international DM in Emery's pecking order shows how out of touch some are on here.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Wonder when they will close the “sell with buy back” FFP loophole… they just did 5+ year amortisations…

It's not a loophole. Just like buying and selling players aren't loopholes. 

• Like 1

Just now, CVByrne said:

It's not a loophole. Just like buying and selling players aren't loopholes. 

I think an FFP discussion would be off topic but it can definitely be used as a loophole (to be fair you’re right it isn’t when we haven’t signed anyone back) and I suspect as more teams replace loads with buybacks they will clamp down. Anyway on topic I’d be sad about this, I think Tim has time to be around the squad and grow, but if it gives us the right financial position for the right player…

Just now, KMitch said:

Another massively overrated player by VillaTalk.  Going back a few pages and looking at how some talked up this kid is hilarious.  I wish him the best, but expecting a youngster who struggled most of last season at QPR to somehow start the season ahead of a Belgian international DM in Emery's pecking order shows how out of touch some are on here.  

Ouch. Both barrells eh. He struggled as the whole team struggled at QPR. Ainsworth treated midfield like it was an ebola outbreak. He was one of their better players . I was one that really rated him. Still do. But we are moving forward quickly and the players we need for the top 6 are better than Tim currently. I hope he gets a great move and rips it up somewhere and gives us a decision to make. 

• Like 1

He didn't struggle at QPR, for the first half of the season he was talked about as one of the best midfielders in the Championship, this a nineteen year old getting his first experience of senior football other than a few brief minutes with us, he wasn't even bad second half of the season, he just wasn't as good as he was before Christmas, because QPR got worse as a team and they changed his position.

The very fact that report says he will be loaned out or sold with a buyback clause indicates that the club/Emery still rate him, or think that he has potential, just because we might not think we can give him the minutes he needs now for his development, doesn't mean that the people who rated him were wrong.

Also he's not in competition with Dendoncker, they're two completely different types of player, if Dendoncker was to leave we would need to replace him regardless of what happens to Iroegbunam.

• Like 1

though Emery did give him a namecheck in this article so maybe we will see him get some minutes yet..

Asked if Youri Tielemans will be fit for Friday, Emery said: "I don’t know. When some injuries are coming and players are suspended, it’s important as well for players to train every day like Dendoncker, Douglas Luiz is back for the next match, Tim is being consistent training and I think he can help us. It is the moment for other players."

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/unai-emery-issues-pau-torres-28308224

Â