Tim Iroegbunam

useless

34 minutes ago, East London Villa said:

For Iroegbunam Kellyman Wilson, if they don’t go out on loan in January they will qualify as club trained from the start of next season. Meaning Kellyman and Wilson can be on List B and Iroegbunam could be added as a senior to List A without having to remove anyone, unlike this season.

Also a good reminder when we as fans jump to “get player X out on loan” that if we hope to become European regulars there are reasons to have them stick around our U21s etc.

4 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Also a good reminder when we as fans jump to “get player X out on loan” that if we hope to become European regulars there are reasons to have them stick around our U21s etc.

I actually forgot about Tim.

I thought he was on the mend some time ago.

Is he training yet?

1 hour ago, Pongo Waring said:

Tim needs to go out on loan in Jan. No point him waiting in the wings, He needs to play footy.

Absolutely love this coming within minutes of my last post on homegrown European qualification :)

Different strokes for different folks I guess…

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Absolutely love this coming within minutes of my last post on homegrown European qualification :)

Different strokes for different folks I guess…

We need to think whats better for the player rather than whats best for the team. Development should come first. 
Playing 20 games in the Championship is a lot better than playing 20 games in the U21's against kids + the odd game in Europe. 

1 hour ago, Pongo Waring said:

We need to think whats better for the player rather than whats best for the team. Development should come first. 
Playing 20 games in the Championship is a lot better than playing 20 games in the U21's against kids + the odd game in Europe. 

I can argue equally that being coached by Unai Emery and playing alongside Douglas Luiz and Bouba Kamara in training every day is better for him than playing second tier football being coached by second tier coaches. Anyway on the bench today so let’s see what happens in the next few months. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

After his injuries he's back in the England youth set-up, as has been named in the 'Elite Squad', which has basically taken the place of the U20, only now they can also select U21 players, so it's basically a mix of the best U20s and older players that haven't quite made the U21 squad.

• Like 1

Just now, useless said:

After his injuries he's back in the England youth set-up, as has been named in the 'Elite Squad', which has basically taken the place of the U20, only now they can also select U21 players, so it's basically a mix of the best U20s and older players that haven't quite made the U21 squad.

he really needs to go on loan in Jan and continue to develop with first team football.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, useless said:

He's now withdrawn from England elite squad because of injury, as has Aaron Ramsey. Hopefully more of a precaution than anything else

That's a shame...  I was really hoping he would get involved in the squad this year.  I think he's got top potential.  I'd much rather see him playing than Dendoncker personally.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, mikeyp102 said:

Wonder if he’ll get game time with Kamara out suspended. 

Teams over the weekend have had success playing youngsters, would be good to see another one of ours breakthrough 

I’d suspect we will move McGinn backwards, or Pau forwards before Tim gets in, but I would be disappointed if he doesn’t play the final Europa game if it’s a dead rubber by then.

44 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Wonder if he’ll get game time with Kamara out suspended. 

Teams over the weekend have had success playing youngsters, would be good to see another one of ours breakthrough 

Sub maybe no chance starting

52 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

I’d suspect we will move McGinn backwards, or Pau forwards before Tim gets in, but I would be disappointed if he doesn’t play the final Europa game if it’s a dead rubber by then.

I highly doubt we move Pau. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Tim is not eligible to play in Europe until at least the knockout stages. Neither is Kellyman (though he's injured until the new year so we wouldn't see him anyway).

12 hours ago, East London Villa said:

Tim is not eligible to play in Europe until at least the knockout stages. Neither is Kellyman (though he's injured until the new year so we wouldn't see him anyway).

Ah I didn’t know that, I just assumed he qualified as a young player. In that case it’s likely we won’t see him until the FA cup.

3 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Always thought Tim looked great but in a season full of clubs playing young central.midfielders he still hasnt got off the bench. Would he have been a better option to replace Kamara yesterday ? 

Been injured a good chunk tbf

Â