Tim Iroegbunam

useless

Everytime I've seen him he's looked really good. Slotted in very well and the odd times he's come on for us. He may have lapsed some concentration or maybe put a foot wrong but that was under Gerrard so I'm happy Emery wants to try and integrate him. We got to see if he's going to useful for us or we sell him. Time for the youth to do a job (JJ, Grealish) or if they aren't quite good enough, but obviously talented we sell (Archer, Philogene etc).

• Like 1

I’m all for seeing youth development and we shouldn’t forget Tim has actually started a PL game for us before, which is a pretty big head start for the lad already.

My only question to Unai would be why hasn’t he featured more if this was the plan, he could have played in the last round of the cup for example, it seems like a waste. But that’s a side point, overall I’m excited to see what young Tim can do, a defensive mid who’s also comfortable on the ball, sounds perfect to be honest let’s hope he can develop with more top flight experience and elite coaching from master Unai

2 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

I’m all for seeing youth development and we shouldn’t forget Tim has actually started a PL game for us before, which is a pretty big head start for the lad already.

My only question to Unai would be why hasn’t he featured more if this was the plan, he could have played in the last round of the cup for example, it seems like a waste. But that’s a side point, overall I’m excited to see what young Tim can do, a defensive mid who’s also comfortable on the ball, sounds perfect to be honest let’s hope he can develop with more top flight experience and elite coaching from master Unai

hope to see him tonight as some point 

24 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

I think Emery is very much a fair manager. In that he gives people as much playing time as possible. And he is also obviously a huge planner. He also would have had an eye on Donk and getting him game time if we want to loan him out.  So he did his job in getting Donk on the pitch. 

Which meant last years Serie A winners have come in for him.

And now Tim will start to get minutes as the next in line. Which if i was a planner will give him 6 months to see if he has the ability to progress with us or if he will sell him in the summer. I guess he will get probably at least 500 mins in the rest of the season which will give him the chance to bed in and for Emery to make an informed decision. Which will mean he will hopefully become more valuable  as an asset amd as a player. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I think Emery is very much a fair manager. In that he gives people as much playing time as possible. And he is also obviously a huge planner. He also would have had an eye on Donk and getting him game time if we want to loan him out.  So he did his job in getting Donk on the pitch. 

Which meant last years Serie A winners have come in for him.

And now Tim will start to get minutes as the next in line. Which if i was a planner will give him 6 months to see if he has the ability to progress with us or if he will sell him in the summer. I guess he will get probably at least 500 mins in the rest of the season which will give him the chance to bed in and for Emery to make an informed decision. Which will mean he will hopefully become more valuable  as an asset amd as a player. 

i agree with this.

he needed to give Donk minutes to put him in the window i would guess.

• 2 weeks later...

I think he's got some really good strengths, but he seems to have a little bit of the 'Tshibola' about him at the moment - lets a game pass him by a little. I'm sure he can eradicate this with more PL experience.

I also think it's important to play someone like him because scouts for other clubs need to see him in action and witness that we have confidence in him, as a club. I hope Iroegbunam grows into a Villa starter, but he's also a tradable player we may need down the road, and giving him some minutes in a match like yesterday's helps raise his profile without much risk to us.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He will get time in Europe hopefully as we should still be playing teams inferior to us so level would be below PL

Has he been registered? The squad list on the ECL site seems out of date since it still lists Bert and Donk.

3 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Can only add 3 at this stage.

That's crazy, We have 5 goalkeepers and 2 players in Spain in that squad 

20 minutes ago, Kingman said:

That's crazy, We have 5 goalkeepers and 2 players in Spain in that squad 

Guess they don’t want anybody to rock up to the knockouts with a completely new team.

But two of the goalkeepers on there are B list - there’s no point in not naming them if they are club trained. There’s also about 20 midfields for the same reason.

Hopefully he can build his minutes up gradually as he builds in confidence and familiarity with his role I’m sure he’ll show for the ball more as he gains confidence , the central midfield role in an Emery team requires a massive amount of bravery and I imagine it can be daunting for a young player to drop between the central defenders receive the ball under pressure play a pass or play himself out of trouble so we have to be patient as long as he’s neat and tidy and keeping possession the rest will come he’s certainly proved himself at championship level a big step up now but let’s back him to do it.

Â