Tim Iroegbunam

useless

12 hours ago, messi11 said:

Agreed @TROBring him back now! Make him 3rd choice CM. See if he's good enough.

Nah - no need to interrupt the loan. He'll learn more by playing there than he would sitting on the bench for us and getting 20 minutes here or there.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

He will fit in perfectly in our midfield. He can sit or he can play left of right wing.  It is whether he comes back next season or they give him another year on loan to learn his trade. Personally i think he is good enough to cement a fairly regular start for us if he carries on developing as quickly as he is.  Quick feet strong tackling and real pace are good assets to have in an Emery team 

13 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

I may be wrong but I think we would have had to have said already if we wanted to recall him.

Wouldn't suprise me if we make a late decision to recall him. Our squad looking thin. He's good enough to get mins from the bench .

6 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

I think he'll benefit more by getting 18 games in the Championship, perhaps fighting for a play off place - than a few subs appearances for us over the next few months.

Bring him back ready for battle in the Summer, rather than half-cooked and us losing another year in his development.

Courses for Horses. Phil Foden didn't go on loan. He got mins off the bench. 

20 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

City can afford that luxury. Namely by being in dominant position in most PL games they play. 

We can afford the luxury too because we have a small side. 

• Confused 1

Keep him on loan, I've seen enough to say he is good enough for a proper squad place here next season as 3rd or 4th choice behind Kamara/Luis we don't need to be signing more defensive minded midfielders unless we want to sell Dendonker

• Like 1

1 hour ago, messi11 said:

Courses for Horses. Phil Foden didn't go on loan. He got mins off the bench. 

Absolutely.

But...

Tim is 20 in the summer
In the year Foden turned 20, he got the equivalent of about 20 games worth of matches for City, including games in the CL. 

In the previous year, it was about 14 games worth for Foden. Tim got the equivalent of 4 (of which 3 was in the EFL cup) last season.

Law of averages says the 30+ matches of game time he'll play for QPR this season will be better for him than a bit of time off the bench for us. 

3 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Absolutely.

But...

Tim is 20 in the summer
In the year Foden turned 20, he got the equivalent of about 20 games worth of matches for City, including games in the CL. 

In the previous year, it was about 14 games worth for Foden. Tim got the equivalent of 4 (of which 3 was in the EFL cup) last season.

Law of averages says the 30+ matches of game time he'll play for QPR this season will be better for him than a bit of time off the bench for us. 

I would say that Tim will get more minutes for us (probably next season) IF we sign Guendouzi because there will be significantly less pressure on him if he came on for 15 - 30 as a sub as he'll still have two excellent midfielders alongside him / supporting him.

17 minutes ago, allani said:

I would say that Tim will get more minutes for us (probably next season) IF we sign Guendouzi because there will be significantly less pressure on him if he came on for 15 - 30 as a sub as he'll still have two excellent midfielders alongside him / supporting him.

Next season he has to be involved. Not first choice necessarily, but as a rotation player; as a finisher, and become a starter in a couple of seasons. We need to keep the youth coming through or our finances become unsustainable. 

1 hour ago, Pez1974 said:

Absolutely.

But...

Tim is 20 in the summer

Man City also involved in multiple competetion as well. So to be fair, he got alot more " sporadic " minutes 

Â