Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Unai was similarly a winger with injuries and confidence problems.

Some players he really comes down on (poor Cash and Digne are constantly getting screamed at, Luiz is not far behind) whereas others he puts an arm around (Ollie and Bailey). 

Good man management. 

• Like 1

Starting to build some confidence and playing much better. He’s very much a momentum player. If we aren’t on the front foot he tries to do too much. If he’s powering forward with everyone else when we have the momentum that’s when he’s dangerous. Probably why he doesn’t pull it out of the bag away from home. If he can just remain more composed and be better and bringing other players in when we are on the back foot he’d be incredible for us. 

Enjoyed his interview. Very well spoken and thoughtful. For all of his tricks and flair, he comes across as very humble: I get the impression that he takes little setbacks to heart (perhaps why he's such a confidence player).

You can see he's buzzing from the atmosphere around the dressing room atm: he looks very much at home now. 

Credit where credit is due, a while back I was just about done with him but as seems the case with this squad, he has fought hard and improved and I think is finding his niche in the team.

He will always have a booboo in him but he has also scored enough goals to prove that he can make the difference.

I also think seeing him happy and passionate about his football, changes the perception of him in a positive way.

hes a goal threat certainly. sometimes the goals may not feel too important but his goal at Palace and his involvement yesterday really helped us kill the game off. I think being able to bring a player like him off your bench at home is a sign of a great squad. He also played both sides yesterday, something else thats not often given the credit it should get. Im very happy with him. 

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Bailey isnt as bad as some say. He can be a bit erratic but his stats goal wise are not bad at all.

He's been very good at home lately, and importantly seems a good team player happy to come on and do his bit. He's been most hopeless away though, so that's his next challenge to add some consistency. Some less difficult away trips coming up, so a good opportunity for him.

He is most dangerous when we have taken a lead and our opponents push more players forward.

He can then cause havoc with the extra space this provides. 

However he has typically struggled when the opponent is sitting back and keeping a structure. 

He is a moments player for me....and his moments like Sunday is magical.

We have to be careful that we don't appraise him for something that he is not....He will never have the industry or tenacity of Kamara or Luiz.

He is clearly revelling in the confidence of the team, and playing at home is right up his street.

I was heartened by his Application and that of Tielemans, when they came on....long may it continue.

To get all our squad players firing, is great to see.

• Like 1

I’m really pleased he’s starting to look like the player we thought we were getting when we signed him. In my head I had pretty much written him off as a mediocre signing at best.

I hope he’s able to maintain this form, but if he’s not then it should ensure we recover more of his value once we part ways.

9 hours ago, Risso said:

He's been very good at home lately, and importantly seems a good team player happy to come on and do his bit. He's been most hopeless away though, so that's his next challenge to add some consistency. Some less difficult away trips coming up, so a good opportunity for him.

Completey agree with the away form. He has been pretty shite. Only away from home that he played well was the hibs one this year

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I said at start of the season I expected him to score 15 goals in all competitions and think he will do that with ease

I'd agree especially with only a fraction of the season gone if we stay in Europe until SF stage I'd expect him to get close to 15 for sure

Â