Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Wonder how many phone calls the met got about that alonso mugging 

He could be the new Ashley Young once he gets going, going to be a proper bums off seats player 

Probably a load lol.

In Jamaica we call that nutmeg a " SALAD ".

I can only imagine how many excited Jamaicans were there screaming SALAD~!!!!!!

Unfortunately, had to leave so didn't get to to see the rest of the match after that. How did he do?

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Probably a load lol.

Unfortunately, had to leave so didn't get to to see the rest of the match after that. How did he do?

We went a bit long and he was an option but we were chasing the game, that's 2 from 2 we've done that to him, I want to see him play in a game where we're in the ascendancy 

Everything so far says to me you can see the player is there, the confidence is there, the ability is there, the step up to the physicality to the PL isn't yet but its not something to be bothered by 

I think he drifted about a bit too which was interesting, he wasn't hugging the wing, I want a front 3 of him ings and Watkins with Buendia in behind, saw nothing tonight that suggested anything other than that being worth the entrance fee! We will be exciting at the very least 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Their is a game in the near future where we start Bailey and Bertrand and it's gonna end 0-0 because those 2 are just going to spend all day  megging the entire opposing team. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Probably a load lol.

So in Jamaica I would be Big Nutmeg? Or just Big Nut for short?

Nice.

Edited by Big Salad
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Probably a load lol.

Think that nutmeg was probably his high point, sadly. He became a bit less influential and was robbed of the ball a couple of times. 

Promising start though. I want to see him play a full game with a properly thought out plan for his role in the team.

• Like 2

The guy is insane with some of the trickery he can pull off, came on and I have to admit there were times he made some Chelsea players look like they were sunday leaguers.

Bailey can do what Grealish does but at top speed and better in my eyes.

Can't remember which player it were but I thought the ball were going out for a corner and he stopped it on our line only to do all sorts of trickery.

He's going to be one heck of a player and once he and Buendia are together they are going to be tough to contain.

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Probably a load lol.

Waiting for (tossing) to be added in front of salad, to much salad being mentioned 🤣

As I said in the match thread, in Bailey and Traore we have two of the trickiest players in the league. Bailey has one thing Traore doesn't as well - searing pace.

In terms of trickery I can only think of Mahrez and Zaha who are on a level with the two we've got. Maybe Djenepo at Southampton.

Something special and unique about the way Bertie moves the ball though 😎

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Was F'in beautiful  that was.

See how he's dragged down which I fear is going to happen alot to him and what a shame it is because he won't be allowed to dazzle and shine like he should be able to.

I do hate tactical fouls because if refs got tough on it all we may find ourself with a team that has a endless supply of creativity and flare despite Jack gone.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

Â