Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

We need to position ourselves as high as we can or in a couple of seasons someone like City is going to come in for Bailey that a given.

Anyone who can dazzle like that against a top player will be wanted soon as he starts doing it at a consistent rate.

He will be big for us.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You can imagine him being annoying AF to play against, will get chopped down alot.

Grealish was slow as hell and managed to draw fouls, Bailey could do it at high speed, so I foresee him drawing alot more fouls for us if that's what we try get him doing which I hope we dont. I know the refs are moving games on now but the fact Grealish looks for fouls and his play is often slow the refs think he's actually deceiving now. Bailey though when he does it at high speed his opponent won't even realise what's just happened because he will sucker them into it fast with proper trickery and not a sudden movement like Jack did for us. Bailey and his trickery alone is going to get fouls, the prem is full of players who want to chop a player down like Leon all because that dazzle and a player like Leon showing them up to the world and on tv all night is going to get some players raged.

I don't think Bailey will be the type to look for fouls, just that opposition will not allow him to play how he wants and that's going to be frustrating for him, Villa and of course us fans.

18 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I don't expect much from him this season. 

Premier League is a big step up from the Bundesliga. 

It'll take time to adjust. 

You must be on the wind-up with this one. It’s not exactly the SPL.

I think the Bundesliga isn’t too far off the PL. The likes of Bayern, Dortmund and RB Leipzig are all excellent teams. Bailey has played against some top teams in Europe as well.

I trust our recruitment process. Look at the likes of Watkins and Cash who came from a much weaker league than the Bundesliga.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

You must be on the wind-up with this one. It’s not exactly the SPL.

I think the Bundesliga isn’t too far off the PL. The likes of Bayern, Dortmund and RB Leipzig are all excellent teams. Bailey has played against some top teams in Europe as well.

I trust our recruitment process. Look at the likes of Watkins and Cash who came from a much weaker league than the Bundesliga.

Look at how long it took the German guys at Chelsea to adapt. 

Sancho not exactly ripping it up so far. 

People are hyping this guy up way too quickly. 

He will come good but it will probably take some time. 

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Look at how long it took the German guys at Chelsea to adapt. 

Sancho not exactly ripping it up so far. 

People are hyping this guy up way too quickly. 

He will come good but it will probably take some time. 

If Bellingham came here he would rip it up. Sancho can too, the competition is the problem

Must admit I'm not expecting much from Bailey this season. I'm hoping he does well but wouldn't be surprised if he struggles for a while.

He's definitely got the the tricks but I think his fitness and work ethic will need to improve.

Traore took a bit of time to get used to the league. I think we'll see a similar development path with Bailey.

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

If Bellingham came here he would rip it up. Sancho can too, the competition is the problem

To be fair, he could have a point.

He could also be totally wrong. lol

I do worry about him being so hyped up, that if he isn't beating multiple players consistently and scoring worldies, he could soon be viewed as a  " flop " by some.

I'm personally very excited about him, but have to temper my own expectations sometimes.

Although, he has the type of game and drive which should hopefully see him come good, relatively quickly.

What I DON'T doubt though, is that he WILL come good.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Don't need to look further than yesterday and watching how Saul struggled with the intensity of the premier league. 

There are players such as Bruno Fernandes who ripped it up right off the bat but that is more of the exception not the rule. 

Edited by villalad21

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Don't need to look further than yesterday and watching how Saul struggled with the intensity of the premier league. 

There are players such as Bruno Fernandes who ripped it up right off the bat but that is more if the exception not the rule. 

Fernandes was given 300 penalties and has a face like rat, he's bound to look good.

Bailey hasn't had a chance yet, once he gets rocking he will blow people's minds.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The general consensus from the Jamaican fans is that he is still nowhere near full fitness, to be fair.

Basically saying he's not even entered 3rd gear yet.

There's huge belief in him.

How many gears does he have that's what I'd like to know.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

Â