Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Certainly has to start VS Arsenal.

Agreed other than their might be a factor of fitness/recovery with that game coming so soon - he was blowing at the end even before that kick on the calf! 

Edited by Adam2003

To be fair, even last season where his form was middling at best, he was involved in a lot of goals.

I remember watching a review of all our goals last season, and Bailly had many assists to the assister.

He's always had the contribution ability, he was just lacking some consistency and just getting the basics right.

4 minutes ago, VillaJay said:

To be fair, even last season where his form was middling at best, he was involved in a lot of goals.

I remember watching a review of all our goals last season, and Bailly had many assists to the assister.

He's always had the contribution ability, he was just lacking some consistency and just getting the basics right.

Tbf he still needs to prove the consistency. Needs a consistent run of starts to do that and shut the 'haters'/doubters (of which I was one) up properly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Tbf he still needs to prove the consistency. Needs a consistent run of starts to do that and shut the 'haters'/doubters (of which I was one) up properly.

Agreed, playing very well right now and looks to have stepped up to show his best form in his villa career so far. Needs to continue this form, but more than deserves his place in the team right now.

13 hours ago, Nicho said:

You’re allowed to criticise players, he was really poor now he’s playing great, absolutely deserves the praise and is impacting games. 

And I'm allowed to criticise people for writing players off. Not sure what your point is. 

13 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

He spent 80 minutes basically just taking the absolute piss out of Gvardiol. One of the best defenders in World football.

When he's on his game, his trickery, pace and directness are a nightmare for anyone to handle.

And, weirdly, I actually think Gvardiol did pretty well.

If Bailey had played like that against a lesser defender they'd have had to retire

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

And, weirdly, I actually think Gvardiol did pretty well.

Agreed: for the neutral, I thought it was a good battle at times (Gvardiol's shirt pulling should have been called out by the ref more, mind). It looked like having Gvardiol mark him actually encouraged Leon to push on 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, lexicon said:

And I'm allowed to criticise people for writing players off. Not sure what your point is. 

I didn’t say you wernt allowed to criticise people for their opinion it’s a forum after all. Your point was this is why we support and don’t criticise.

The point is that blind support isn’t always correct if a player isn’t up to it then they deserve criticism. Bailey wasn’t up to it and I’m sure Unai criticised him and did drop him. Are you supporting Dendocker, Traore, Chamber et al?

Bailey has turned the corner and come back stronger and I’m all for it, happy to give players like Zaniolo the benefit of time aswell but at the moment his performances don’t deserve blind support either.  

Â