Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

31 minutes ago, grantholtgolazo said:

If people cant feel free to share their honest opinion, critical or otherwise what’s the point of this site?  

I want Leon to succeed, his success is success for the villa, I’ve been disappointed with his overall performance in the past, he’s played better this season but I don’t think it’s beyond the pale to cast a critical eye towards him or any of our players.

Wishing for the downfall of Leon or anyone in the squad is unacceptable, I don’t think that happens here except for in the rarest of circumstances, and it’s rightly condemned.

Eh? It works both ways - people are free to say what they want and others are free to debate it as they see fit. 

• Like 2

As long as we are allowed to call out/laugh at overly critical posters then keep on posting. Gotten some good laughs from a few who find it to painful to compliment a Villa player when he is playing well. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Eh? It works both ways - people are free to say what they want and others are free to debate it as they see fit. 

Absolutely right, I’m only referring to those that try to shut down honest discussion/criticism with accusations of abuse or “Emery is happy with ____ so…” 

37 minutes ago, DeepDish said:

Has been a great player this season. Great to see that Unai rates him highly.

Ya apart from Newcastle game , he has been good, might be smart to spare him tomorrow, not sure he suits a game like this, but like you say in Unai we trust

9 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Ya apart from Newcastle game , he has been good, might be smart to spare him tomorrow, not sure he suits a game like this, but like you say in Unai we trust

I'd be surprised if he doesn't start. Not sure we have anyone besides Ollie who can scamper forward fast enough to stay close to Moussa, and if we don't have those coordinated attacks and last-second passes in the box, I don't see how we beat Liverpool.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I get all this but criticism of his goals and assists when he is actually playing well ? Thats tiring.

It’s like it kills some people to praise him. Instead they would rather down play his better moments than give him some credit.

But how much of that has it actually been lately in this thread. If you were referring to my post after the Everton game I said I was thrilled for him and hoped he would kick on from it etc. I dont think it corresponds to what you say in your post and I dont recognize myself at all in the statement that it would kill some people to praise him.

1 hour ago, Rightdm00 said:

As long as we are allowed to call out/laugh at overly critical posters then keep on posting. Gotten some good laughs from a few who find it to painful to compliment a Villa player when he is playing well. 

Call out overly critical posts I fully agree with, not so much if you mean posters. Dont think we should divide each other in categories like that. And post on the post not the poster is a good principle imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I'd be surprised if he doesn't start. Not sure we have anyone besides Ollie who can scamper forward fast enough to stay close to Moussa, and if we don't have those coordinated attacks and last-second passes in the box, I don't see how we beat Liverpool.

We are going slightly off topic... But I'd actually be ok with going with the same starting lineup as Burnley.

Good balance of everything in that side IMO. Also remember Zaniolo should be more ready to feature.

EDIT: Obviously with Emi Martinez in!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Dont blame him. Subbing a sub is disrespectful especially when others on the pitch performed a lot worse

Who do you take off? Watkins was bad but who you play up top? Diaby waa best player.

I personally think bailey was poor so was right sub for me.

He simply does not score goals away from home for us in the league

He's simply not doing enough to warrant a place at our club. I'm sure he's got ability but he looks like bambi on ice when he gets the ball far too often (first touch today) and you just cannot carry passengers if you want to be a successful team. 

He always looks low on confidence and any he had will be completely destroyed after being subbed today. But, who's fault is that? He was the one who couldn't control a ball. He couldn't chase back. He let a clear goalscoring chance go by when he allowed a ball to go across him. 

He needs to either grow a pair or look elsewhere where the pressure isn't too much for him. 

Bailey didnt deserve to go off today imo, many players were poorer than him today. He is right to be aggrieved, Unai got the gameplan wrong today as against newcastle and subbed the sub, which is always controversial. Fwiw i thought we needed another midfielder in there, and tielemans would have been a good player to bring on either for kamara or mcginn who didnt have their finest moments.

• Like 3

Â