Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

36 minutes ago, villan95 said:

I had McGinn and Digne as the better performers in the first half. The trip/slip I was referring to was by the halfway line so sounds like we might be thinking of different incidents.

Yes I'm aware of what incident you are referring too. Bailey was about to pass inside to someone but saw diaby making a run in behind young on the halfway line and couldn't adjust and sort of tripped on the ball and it went like 5 yards to his left. 

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Of course that's the most likely outcome. Just pointing out that it is in fact a possible outcome of an assault conviction. I'm sure we all hope that the police investigation concludes that assault isn't what happened in the first place. 

Pushing someone should not be 'assault'. I swear the human race is becoming a bunch of wet wipes. What happened to the days where you'd have a scrap and then and pint after?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Philosopher said:

My man of the match today. After very unfair criticism last week.

Well done Leon.

'Very unfair'? He was awful at Newcastle and rightly criticised for his performance.

We've seen those types of performances all too often from Bailey. Like others have said, unless he can start playing well consistently at home and even once maybe away, that would be a start. 

• Like 1

Sorry not feeling the love - he was pretty average as far as I am concerned. Someone has already pointed out, he didn’t even look up for SJM to score and the shot for his goal, was actually really poor, he had so much of the goal to aim for and he shoots at the keeper 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ thankfully he got lucky.

this guy is miles off being the answer - better than last week, but that could not be hard. 
I will happily stand corrected but he will not cut it in the prem  imo 

9 hours ago, mrchnry said:

Apparently a fan was pestering him for a photo after Bailey said no. Bailey apparently pushed him and the guy fell over. Whole lot of nothing. Wet wipe was probably one of the new terrace view lot. 

Just keep perpetuating this utter s**t, tar everyone with the same brush why don't you. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Perhaps our world class coach who agonises over every detail might have, I don't know, told our wingers areas to put the ball when they get to the by-line, and individuals where to arrive in the box in said scenario?

The goal and assist should probably be written off by VAR for gross negligence.

PGMOL need to look into this!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

Jesus Christ. I find posts like this frankly embarrassing in their relentless negativity and lack of support for a player. 

He could not have placed that assist any better unless he picked the ball up with his hands and dropped it on McGinn's foot. But he apparently didn't 'look up' enough to satisfy your arbitrary requirements. And his goal doesn't count because it wasn't good enough for you.

Seriously, have a word with yourself. You seem beyond unreasonable and instead of being happy that he played a lot better and got a goal and assist, you're looking to criticise the man over nonsense.

It genuinely feels like he could win the ballon d'Or and you'd refuse to clap and sit there scowling and calling him 'lucky'. 

The really pleasing thing about his goal is that he was switched on to the space. 
The amazing thing is that he and McGinn didn't trip each other up in getting there.

There's some pretty good coaching going on at BMH; the players just seem smarter now - like Gary Player said "the harder I practise the luckier I get"

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The goal and assist should probably be written off by VAR for gross negligence.

PGMOL need to look into this!

Faith restored JV? Said you’d given up on him after Valencia… are you more encouraged now?

He needs to do it in away games… can’t think of many decent away performances other than bits of skill against Man U… has contributed at VP a few times…

I think Moussa is going to help raise his standards:

He certainly looks happier than he has looked lately… maybe he was being bothered by a knock or personal issue…

Â