Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

shame how this season has gone for Bailey. Maybe a preseason will help him but can't really imagine what Unai would do differently in preseason that he wouldn't have tried in 8 months of training sessions already.

There's definetly a player in there, he just looks completely broken though when he's on the pitch. I don't really know how to approach him either, not sure there's any point selling him as we'll never recoup what's needed Vs the potential should he fine himself again

When he first came, I thought I would see a player similar to Miguel Almiron....busy, effervescent, and aggresive.....instead, I see passive, doubtful and laboured.

Its sad really, because, while his testimony of Unai is noble, ironically his work doesn't seem to have worked on him.

Nothing would please me more than to see Leon emerge and prove me wrong......but bar from the odd good cross in to the box, he is innocuous.

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

When he first came, I thought I would see a player similar to Miguel Almiron....busy, effervescent, and aggresive.....instead, I see passive, doubtful and laboured.

Its sad really, because, while his testimony of Unai is noble, ironically his work doesn't seem to have worked on him.

Nothing would please me more than to see Leon emerge and prove me wrong......but bar from the odd good cross in to the box, he is innocuous.

Perhaps do some research on the player next time? He's never been anything like Almiron. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Perhaps do some research on the player next time? He's never been anything like Almiron. 

No thanks, it wouldn't have made any difference, because I was expecting the the player to have ,points I have made.

he is not like Almiron for the very points I have made.....but we all have comparisons in our minds eye, I hear some I don't agree with....but I pass on that,respectfully, as its their opinion.

Both Almiron and Bailey are wingers......so a comparison is fair imo......obviously not in yours.

Thanks for that.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, TRO said:

Everything that Almiron wasn't for the first 3 1/2 seasons at Newcastle. 

He was utterly, utterly terrible. 

Ironic. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, TRO said:

No thanks, it wouldn't have made any difference, because I was expecting the the player to have ,points I have made.

he is not like Almiron for the very points I have made.....but we all have comparisons in our minds eye, I hear some I don't agree with....but I pass on that,respectfully, as its their opinion.

Both Almiron and Bailey are wingers......so a comparison is fair imo......obviously not in yours.

Thanks for that.

Do you think there's only one type of winger? 

Of course it would have made a bloody difference - it would have given you more accurate expectations than ones conjured out of thin air, for one. 

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Thanks for that.

As @Steero113 pointed out mate, Almiron was actually quite bad for a long time and the butt of many jokes.

Since Jack made fun of him, he became a different beast.

Maybe we should be calling in a favour to Jack to take the piss and see if it has a similar effect on Leon?

IT would probably be even more effective if Jack wore a bad Rasta hat and spoke terrible patois accent whilst doing it as well. 🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Almiron has more to his game.

Leon needs space to be effective.

In Germany more teams play with a high line which is why players like Bailey and Sancho are not as effective in England.

4 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Everything that Almiron wasn't for the first 3 1/2 seasons at Newcastle. 

He was utterly, utterly terrible. 

Ironic. 

Can't believe Almiron's been at Newcastle that long, madness.

• Like 1

Almiron is 4 years older and record at Newcastle was similar to Bailey until this season so there's still time for Bailey to become our Almiron. Similarities are they are both wingers who are predominantly left footed 

Bailey has NEVER adjusted to the physicality of the Premier League.  The German league is very soft by comparison.  He is muscled off the ball way too easily.  When he is facing the goal and moving towards a player he is much better- but as soon as he is 'back to goal' like SJM he cannot maintain possession and goes down easily.  Then he throws his hands up looking for a foul that is never there.  Traore has the same problem.  Buendia is the best of the 3- but he too struggles at times.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As @Steero113 pointed out mate, Almiron was actually quite bad for a long time and the butt of many jokes.

Since Jack made fun of him, he became a different beast.

Maybe we should be calling in a favour to Jack to take the piss and see if it has a similar effect on Leon?

IT would probably be even more effective if Jack wore a bad Rasta hat and spoke terrible patois accent whilst doing it as well. 🤣

Fattening, foul for mongoose IMO

• Haha 1

Â