Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

we need buyers to sell......we don't seem to have many of them, under the circumstances of our encouraging run.

Only a few of our players attract predators.

That's only true about players you don't want to sell. I still have hope with Bailey. Its been a mixed season for him but there's so many players in the Premier League like that 

7 minutes ago, PaulC said:

That's only true about players you don't want to sell. I still have hope with Bailey. Its been a mixed season for him but there's so many players in the Premier League like that 

More in the bottom half of the table, yes.

I have to admit, I am running out of hope....its just same old, every game.

I haven't heard of any clubs wanting him....and with click bait rife, thats not encouraging.

Edited by TRO

Just now, TRO said:

I have to admit, I am running out of hope.

I haven't heard of any clubs wanting him....and with click bait rife, thats not encouraging.

I don't imagine anybody does, not permanently on his wages, anyway.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I have to admit, I am running out of hope.

Yes his stock has fallen but a good pre season under Emery maybe we can see the player we though we had signed 

3 minutes ago, Risso said:

I don't imagine anybody does, not permanently on his wages, anyway.

so does that not tell us something?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

so does that not tell us something?

Yes some of the wages our club are paying on players that don't even start most games I'm astounded by.  Going to be hard to shift them and in turn improve our squad the way we want 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes his stock has fallen but a good pre season under Emery maybe we can see the player we though we had signed 

The problem is Paul....He simply can't beat a man, and to compound that, he is passive and has a lightweight approach to winning the ball back.....players have to offer something, I struggle to think of something, he offers.

They say, you need someone wide to stretch the play, or an outlet ball.....We may as well have a cardboard cut out or a scarecrow.

He is simply not effective, and much of the time, so is Traore......They both conjure up a moment of magic, on the odd occasion, that won't cut it in this league.

We keep talking about Europe as aspiration, to do that we need players who have a good level of consistency to go with their talent and application.....We need them to be consistent during a game.....and game to game......That's what our competitors have.

I Look at Solly March as a winger, that is consistency and application....always being a threat, always involved in their build ups.

I hope we get it right this summer.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Why will a pre-season be better for him than an actual season? We need much better options up front, otherwise top 8 will be the best we can hope for again. If we're still staarting Bailey in matches in August, something will have gone very wrong with the summer's recruitment.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Risso said:

Why will a pre-season be better for him than an actual season? We need much better options up front, otherwise top 8 will be the best we can hope for again. If we're still staarting Bailey in matches in August, something will have gone very wrong with the summer's recruitment.

We all need to accept, that some players, ain't going to cut it.....IF we have aspirations, like we do.

So often, we skirt around the issues, to keep ourselves on side, with positivity.....all quite noble, but we need to address the weaknesses in this team, with that same positivity, to move forward.

UE has to keep players motivated and interested until the season ends, but I think you will see a different UE, when the window opens.

He will not accept, some of these limp performances, we have seen in the last 4 games.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He also makes videos talking about catering and ticketing, doesn't mean he is in the kitchen directing Doris on how many sugars to put in the tea ffs.

The pies aren’t what they used to be now you mentioned it JV. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Risso said:

I'm hoping we sign more than one player this summer.

I mean, we could be signing a backup goalkeeper as well, but what relevance does that have to right wing?

Unless you think we will be signing 2 quality players per position?

I think the insinuation I was making is quite obvious.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Villa should sell him and keep Traore as back-up...to whomever we sign for the right (Torres).

Transfermarkt currently has Bailey's Market Value as £25 million, surely there is no way anyone is mad enough to pay that. Villa will take a loss on him for sure.

We might get back the £30 million selling Bailey, Hause, Davis, Olsen, Nakamba, Wesley.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

The pies aren’t what they used to be now you mentioned it JV. 

Its ok Dave.....We have a poster on here who makes them.😀

3 hours ago, TRO said:

I think if we was offered £25 m the negotiator, would choke, and seek gas and air.

It's really not that fanciful in today's market given his age and profile. 

4 hours ago, Condimentalist said:

There's absolutely zero prospect of getting 25m for him. His value is probably about £15m at most. 

Disagree. Think low 20s is most likely. 

3 hours ago, TRO said:

More in the bottom half of the table, yes.

I have to admit, I am running out of hope....its just same old, every game.

Heard Ajax has been sniffing around him, more than just his dad saying so back in January.  If any truth it would be wise to cash in, probably BS though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Heard Ajax has been sniffing around him, more than just his dad saying so back in January.  If any truth it would be wise to cash in, probably BS though.

My dad reckoned I should have been the 5th Beatle.😃

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

My dad reckoned I should have been the 5th Beatle.😃

Should said to him “Going to try with a little help from my friends” 😂

• Haha 1

Â