Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Just now, duke313 said:

Barnes was great, great touch and had the beating of Young every time. Would be a huge upgrade on Bailey.

I've always liked Barnes, but I feel like it's because he always turns up against us! If he played as well against everyone else as he did tonight he'd be lethal. 

On Bailey, I really want it to work, and I do think he was trying hard, but nothing seems to come off for him. If Traore's fit enough to start he should probably be given a chance after his cameo. 

6 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

I hate to keep laying into him, but he really is a poor player. He had shown flashes in nearly two season but that’s it. He will be sold if we get a fair offer. 

Bailey isn't a really poor player and has some good attributes, but we can all see that it isn't going to work out for him here. It would be best for all parties if we moved him on in the Summer. 

• Sad 1

Another disappointing nights performance from Bailey. He can clearly play but its becoming more and more infrequent.

At the moment he needs to be coming on 2nd half after 65 or 70 mins to try and get his mojo back as its completely deserted him for now.

Only issue is bertie is pretty simular in output, does a few great things but then games go by where he is ineffective. He's another 25 minute impact sub.

Edited by brummybloke

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

Bailey isn't a really poor player and has some good attributes, but we can all see that it isn't going to work out for him here. It would be best for all parties if we moved him on in the Summer. 

I'm not so sure about this. Not so long ago some people were talking about moving Ollie on. Things can change. I don't think he should be written off. Unai obviously hasn't so ill side with him.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, supermon said:

Barnes is what I thought Bailey was going to be, albeit on different wings but Barnes was a constant menace. His pace is something that's be so useful for us.

Bailey should only be played on the left from now on.

Use his pace to just get some balls into the box.

Appalling. Again. Our worst player by a country mile. How on earth he stayed on so long I don't know.

Slow. Scared. Wasteful.

Seems a top man. I wish him the best, but I need a break from him starting games.

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

His best games have certainly been when he's played LW. He himself never knows what he's planning to do with it when he cuts inside.

He has a similar problem to Antony in that defenders know he'll always want to cut inside so they preferentially show him in then make sure he's closed down, and he can't offer enough of a threat on the rare occasions he doesn't cut inside to give defenders any indecision about how to handle him. 

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

For all the shite he gets, at least he anot someone who doesn't care, or is selfish. I personally hate the situation he's in and just wish he could find something 😔

Screenshot_20230405_033402_Instagram-min.jpg

Screenshot_20230405_033739_Instagram-min.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqoQafFI04l/?igshid=OGRjNzg3M2Y=

Absolutely not.

He comes across really well IMO. Every interview he's clearly very team orientated as well.

I'm not sure why he's finding so tough, but he needs to be taken out the side. He should be behind Bert and Duran on current performance.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I've always liked Barnes, but I feel like it's because he always turns up against us! If he played as well against everyone else as he did tonight he'd be lethal. 

On Bailey, I really want it to work, and I do think he was trying hard, but nothing seems to come off for him. If Traore's fit enough to start he should probably be given a chance after his cameo. 

Traore pulls goals like that out of his ass. He's a ninja assassin and probably the better option right now. Should be rewarded on Saturday. 

• Like 1

Didn't lose the ball as cheaply  as he has been so that's an improvement. As lethal as Bertie is he's careless with possession and over 90 minutes that becomes a liability when we are a possession based team. 

Once Kamara is back McGinn gets pushed out to the right, Bailey needs some confidence building,  be nice to see him score. 

Like many others, I get frustrated by him but he does offer much more to the team that we probably appreciate. When he plays wide right, you will often find him with 2 defenders which creates space for Ollie. We could help him more with an overlapping defender, this creates space for him to come inside (we don't have a Moreno equivalent).

He works hard defensively, we rarely talk about him losing his man.

He does create chances, tonight I recall him cutting inside and then finding Mcginn.

He seems to be a great fit in the team, not the ego many suggest.

• Like 1

Â