Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

2 hours ago, SecretVillaScout said:

Seen the same talk before with Watkins and Mcginn..... 

i think all performances under gerrard should be striken from the record. there was a big mitigating factor for those below par displays (gerrard)

i really like leon and i pains me to say this...but we don't put in that kind of performace that we saw saturday with him on the pitch. it's been like we've been playing with 10 men. not saying he has no future, just will take a bit longer to integrate him to emerys style and with 7 cup finals left, we can't afford passengers right now

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i think all performances under gerrard should be striken from the record. there was a big mitigating factor for those below par displays (gerrard)

i really like leon and i pains me to say this...but we don't put in that kind of performace that we saw saturday with him on the pitch. it's been like we've been playing with 10 men. not saying he has no future, just will take a bit longer to integrate him to emerys style and with 7 cup finals left, we can't afford passengers right now

I'd say the same for Coutinho and traore too.  We aren't winning that game in that style with those types of players on the pitch imo.  I love the tenacity of our midfield and forward line, but I guess there is a place for other options and there's no reason unai can't improve the performances of them

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah was watching all our goals since Emery took charge, he certainly has been involved in the goals. 

I think what people remember from Bailey unfortunately is his unsuccessful dribbles or 1v1 that come of nothing. 

He needs to be calmer in the final third, there's many times you can see he has only one thing in his mind and that is to shoot but usually goes off target. 

Needs to go back to basics and keep it simple, to be fair though whenever he does get the ball on the right there is always that feeling he might do some magic.

Hard one with Bailey, really wanted him to come good but think we will have to upgrade him. Think he has a part to play though in the final run in.

• Like 1

I'm excited for his return. He is a player but the lack of confidence in his game was killing him. If we are pushing on for the very top level there isn't any room for passengers, he either needs to step up or get off.

Maybe his new role will be a super sub against tired legs. One thing he needs tonwork on is quick player always struggle with over hitting balls, just needs to compose himself in those instances 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, supermon said:

Yeah was watching all our goals since Emery took charge, he certainly has been involved in the goals. 

I think what people remember from Bailey unfortunately is his unsuccessful dribbles or 1v1 that come of nothing. 

He needs to be calmer in the final third, there's many times you can see he has only one thing in his mind and that is to shoot but usually goes off target. 

Needs to go back to basics and keep it simple, to be fair though whenever he does get the ball on the right there is always that feeling he might do some magic.

Hard one with Bailey, really wanted him to come good but think we will have to upgrade him. Think he has a part to play though in the final run in.

1 hour ago, Lord Willard said:

I'm excited for his return. He is a player but the lack of confidence in his game was killing him. If we are pushing on for the very top level there isn't any room for passengers, he either needs to step up or get off.

Maybe his new role will be a super sub against tired legs. One thing he needs tonwork on is quick player always struggle with over hitting balls, just needs to compose himself in those instances 

Indeed, but as the squad improves, and hopefully with European competition and Cup runs, I feel we could do much worse than having him in the squad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, supermon said:

It's his decision making for me. I very rarely under the decision he makes.

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

The fact that Emery has started him more often than not when fit suggests he trusts him tactically more than Traore. This is not a dig at Traore in any way.

Yeah I agree.

I know he’s only back from injury but that performance was borderline disgraceful for a premier league footballer. Couldn’t even manage a simple 1-2 with Martinez and then kicks it over the sideline. Messed up at least three other simple passes. 

Id release him on a free if we can’t find a buyer.  

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

That's me done.

Get him out anywhere, for anything.

Absolutely useless.

**** shit.

Ironic I don't see you or others in the Traore or Buendia thread today.

I'm actually not even being biased right now, I watched the same game, and I genuinely don't see what he did that was so terrible. lol

However, I knew this was inevitable... he's been selected 😂

When he is garbage, I actually say it.

This is pathetic

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Ironic I don't see you or others in the Traore or Buendia thread today.

Give me a chance! Game has only just finished!

I genuinely don't see what he did that was so terrible. lol

Can't help you then.

This is pathetic

Not as pathetic as Bailey's performances for Villa.

• Like 1

Â