Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In the Jamaica squad for Concacaf Nations League.

Runs until June 15th I think.

Does this mean ge will miss tour to Oz.

Villa play Leeds June17.

Was hoping to see him in the flesh

9 hours ago, paul514 said:

People calling him a flop are going to look stupid as soon as he gets a run in the team.

Happened this year with Buendia. 

• Like 1

It’s almost been impossible to judge Bailey this season. He arrived not fully fit in the middle of the post Joe fallout. He had zero preseason and never really got fully fit. We’ve probably seen more minutes of him on YouTube highlights than on the pitch. 

I doubt we’ll try to sell him, even if we don’t see a future here for him, as we’d be lucky to get a fiver for him at the moment. However if the real Leon Bailey is the fella we saw for 20 minutes against Everton, then wow! He’d be like a new signing. Fingers crossed that’s what we get after the summer. 

Edited by DaveAV1

13 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

There's no chance we give up on him after this year. 

Potential is still huge to be a big player for us.

I think he's got a lot of potential but I don't see how he's a natural fit for the Beale/Gerrard version of 4-3-2-1. He'd have to have license to get wide if he's going to start as one of the 2 10s.

3 minutes ago, romavillan said:

I think he's got a lot of potential but I don't see how he's a natural fit for the Beale/Gerrard version of 4-3-2-1. He'd have to have license to get wide if he's going to start as one of the 2 10s.

I cant see why he cant be an option , it’s just a variation on what they played at Rangers, a formation that accommodated Ryan Kent who  basically is just and out and out winger. There’s nothing stopping Gerrard from playing one of the 2 behind the centre forward inverted and the other wide.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, romavillan said:

I think he can play there. Whilst they are 10's there's freedom to drift at times. 

I'll think he will get his chance again next season.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think he can play there. Whilst they are 10's there's freedom to drift at times. 

I'll think he will get his chance again next season.

IHe needs to stay fit and get a run of games and then who knows, if we're going to play 2 10s we need 4 players who can do a job well there as all the creativity is there.

• Like 1

It must be so frustrating for Jamaican football fans that they can't get a proper team together too often. The amount of good players who have only been capped the odd few times is mad. 

If everyone was available they could have this team out.         

Andre Blake

Wes Harding      Liam Moore        Ethan Pinnock    Amari'i Bell

Kevin Stewart       Daniel Johnson

Leon Bailey                                                  Bobby Decordova-Reid

Michail Antonio             Kemar Roofe

That would be a team on a level that would be on a similar level to most mid ranking World cup teams.

With plenty of depth at centre back and up front too.

• Like 1

Â