Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

41 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Look at how long it took the German guys at Chelsea to adapt. 

Sancho not exactly ripping it up so far. 

People are hyping this guy up way too quickly. 

He will come good but it will probably take some time. 

People see an excellent player in him because that's what he will be. Usually when players come abroad most don't even show glimpses in there first games but Bailey did and he also showed a bit of himself against Chelsea who are a team very tough to play against. Bailey even showed in his first game he has the a ability to change a game.

Surely you have been paying attention to him, he won't just come good he will be past good down the line. 

By rights we shouldn't of even got out hands on Bailey,the usually lot above us cocked it up not signing him.

Just now, Dave-R said:

People see an excellent player in him because that's what he will be. Usually when players come abroad most don't even show glimpses in there first games but Bailey did and he also showed a bit of himself against Chelsea who are a team very tough to play against. Bailey even showed in his first game he has the a ability to change a game.

Surely you have been paying attention to him, he won't just come good he will be past good down the line. 

By rights we shouldn't of even got out hands on Bailey,the usually lot above us cocked it up not signing him.

I never said he won't be a success.

All I'm saying is it may take some time. And probably will take some time.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Must admit I'm not expecting much from Bailey this season. I'm hoping he does well but wouldn't be surprised if he struggles for a while.

He's definitely got the the tricks but I think his fitness and work ethic will need to improve.

Traore took a bit of time to get used to the league. I think we'll see a similar development path with Bailey.

i dont doubt he might take a little time to adjust, but on the same note, the German League is probably the closest of the world leagues to the tempo/style of play of the PL, its not quite like Sanson/Traore etc coming from the French or other leagues, where there is a large difference in tempo etc.

But ye, i dont doubt he will need some time to get up to speed.

53 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

So instead of jumping at provocative comments or discussing Chelsea players - where do we think Bailey best fits in if we play the formation we played yesterday?

he could fit np.

in a 343 he could play left or right forward, in a 3412 he could play the roaming semi CAM position behind the strikers (which he did against Chelsea, popping up here and there), or in a roaming CAM position in a 3421, as well as obviously in a 442 (winger), or 433 (left or right forward).

He can fit in perfectly well wherever needed tbh, but granted, his  best position on paper seems to be LW or RW (or L/R inside forward).

Dont sweat it tbh, the fact we are debating where Watkins, Ings, Buendia, Bailey and Traore might fit in to the forward line, is a healthy problem to have.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

And Werner still isn't even playing.

Still?

He played the third most mins for them in the PL last year behind their keeper and Mount.

He isn't playing because they've bought a £98m striker in ahead of him.

Wrong again.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

So instead of jumping at provocative comments or discussing Chelsea players - where do we think Bailey best fits in if we play the formation we played yesterday?

Tell you what I wouldn't mind sticking Watkins on the wing and see what he can do as our CF with that trickery.

But an inverted winger I think would be up his alley.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Tell you what I wouldn't mind sticking Watkins on the wing and see what he can do as our CF with that trickery.

But an inverted winger I think would be up his alley.

Yes, his favourite position is right wing. Only thing is Traore would be pretty useless on the left IMO as he lacks the pace to go on the outside. Traore had been tried centrally a couple of times last season, maybe that could be something to explore, with Buendia as a wide playmaker on the left. It's on Deano to get the best out of them all.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tomsky_11 said:

image.png.460cb8bf1e54f9ed20a3d432085505e1.png

Or wide in the middle 4/5 in a 3-4-3/3-5-2, like the above man of the match performance.

That’s interesting because I thought Targett looked lost and and a waste of a position in that formation. I’m a big fan generally but he didn’t look like a wing back to me, barely touched the ball attacking or defending. 

1 hour ago, tomsky_11 said:

image.png.460cb8bf1e54f9ed20a3d432085505e1.png

Or wide in the middle 4/5 in a 3-4-3/3-5-2, like the above man of the match performance.

3 minutes ago, villaglint said:

That’s interesting because I thought Targett looked lost and and a waste of a position in that formation. I’m a big fan generally but he didn’t look like a wing back to me, barely touched the ball attacking or defending. 

Im pretty sure i read somewhere that he wasnt keen on playing the left wing back/left midfield position like show above!

Although im sure he would play it if needed.

10 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Thought similar, I think he might be better deployed as the LCB in this system and move ty to the centre of it. Will aid us in playing the ball out from the back and he’s pretty solid defensively these days and I don’t think you lose much aerial presence choosing between him or axel

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Im pretty sure i read somewhere that he wasnt keen on playing the left wing back/left midfield position like show above!

Although im sure he would play it if needed.

I believe he has said he prefers to play on the right and he's just had his best season in Bundesliga in terms of goals and assists where he has mostly played on the right by the looks of it. Prior to last season though he has mostly been played on the left, so playing him there really wouldn't be an issue. Certainly, if we were playing him as a wing back the left side would make more sense with him being left footed.

Â