U23 Development League 2021/2022

BOF

36 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'd be really pissed off if I was a fan of a league 1/2 club that PL academies were playing in a competition my club might travel to Wembley for and win. 

Yes - they are pissed off which is why they field weakened sides and fans (largely) don’t bother going. 

57 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Would be hilarious if we got to the final at Wembley. 

We'd sell out I reckon.  Some past finals have seen a half empty Wembley. How many could we sell? 

I'd be really pissed off if I was a fan of a league 1/2 club that PL academies were playing in a competition my club might travel to Wembley for and win. 

We'd be the 1st academy to make a final I think, that's the salt in the wound it seems like the academies pay it lip service as well as the normal teams not bothering because they're pissed off

12 hours ago, sidcow said:

Would be hilarious if we got to the final at Wembley. 

We'd sell out I reckon.  Some past finals have seen a half empty Wembley. How many could we sell? 

On the other hand they could play stronger teams to increase their chances of getting to Wembley. 

Just watched the full 90 of mk dons vs villa on villa tv with no commentary..Firstly its so good with no commentary. Secondly i thought they played really well. Really really mature performance against older players 

A back 4 where 3 of them are 17 years old  

A midfield 3 of 18 18 and 19 

A forward line of 19 23 and 19 .

Carney doesnt boss the game at this level yet and i still think his most dangerous position is the grealish wide left / 10 but you see some wonderful stuff from him from time to time .

Archer has the worlds greatest goal celebration now !! And even not at his best scored 2 .

Bogarde was imperious . A proper player .

Keinan did Keinan things very well and stood up well t0 the physical challenge of some big old mk dons players.

But the player that stood out again for me is Iroegbunam. He is soooo good on the ball .a lovely passer . Can find space out of nowhere with players tight to him   and if he is in a challenge with an opponent 8 times out of 10 he wins it .  Honestly he is looking to be a future top top class central midfielder. There is no way this kid does not make it to the top. He tackles hard and aggressively but always clean so barely gets fouls against .  Got absolutely everything in his locker. 

• Like 4

On 27/10/2021 at 18:32, OutByEaster? said:

It was 20th November last year, so I'd guess this year will be around the same maybe?

The remaining 26 group games are played next week - so pretty soon after I would guess

30 minutes ago, MaVilla said:
No A.Ramsey, Carney, Davis, Iroegbunam or Archer in the u23 squad.

No Davis either (edit: you did write that 😀), since he’s been with them recently.

Is Caleb injured?

Edited by fightoffyour