U23 Development League 2021/2022

BOF

Southampton have found their mojo. Another thumping 5-0 win this afternoon against Newcastle to leap them into 6th place only 3pts behind us.

McGrath knows what kind of side we'll put out today. Hopefully more senior than the last one. We're back in the peloton now and 4th, only 3pts above 9th placed Newcastle. A defeat to 13th placed Reading would be a bit of a disaster to our promotion hopes.

And happy 18th tomorrow for Dewain Sewell.

• Like 1

This was the third weekend in a row that all our mens' teams above U16 level lost their games, so hopefully the U23s can put an end to that tonight. Not sure if we might be missing a few players, because of international duty, Philogene-Bidace, Archer, Aaron Ramsey and Carney Chukwuemeka, all have games with England in midweek, not seen if any of the others have international games coming up,  but if so we could potentially be missing Swinkels, Bogarde and a few others as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

This was the third weekend in a row that all our mens' teams above U16 level lost their games, so hopefully the U23s can put an end to that tonight. Not sure if we might be missing a few players, because of international duty, Philogene-Bidace, Archer, Aaron Ramsey and Carney Chukwuemeka, all have games with England in midweek, not seen if any of the others have international games coming up,  but if so we could potentially be missing Swinkels, Bogarde and a few others as well.

Is it being televised ? 

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

Is it being televised ? 

I can't see any coverage anywhere.

Kesler's instagram had him, JPB and Archer in England tracksuits on a bus a couple of hours ago so I guess we can rule those two out.

Congrats to Aaron Ramsey by the way who is nominated for Player of the Month.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I can't see any coverage anywhere.

Kesler's instagram had him, JPB and Archer in England tracksuits on a bus a couple of hours ago so I guess we can rule those two out.

Congrats to Aaron Ramsey by the way who is nominated for Player of the Month.

Shame, some U23 action would assist the healing process 

• Like 1

It's an interesting side - Lindley in at CB having started the season in midfield and moved to full back already - he's a versatile footballer - be interesting to see how he learns playing next to the most mature sixteen year old in history - good to see Patterson getting a go at this level too.

There are some less familiar names in front of them, but with a nice blend of more and less experienced players at this level - when you consider what we're missing, it ays good things about the academy that we can still put out a side that's vaguely recognisable.

• Like 1

It's competitive at least. Getting back to something approaching representative. Hoping they can do the biz and put some sunshine in our miserable footballing lives at the moment.

• Like 1

Kelvin Ehibhatiomhan elder brother of Princewill Ehibhatiomhan as previously discussed on this website.  Looking at the line up I thought we might have had a chance today, but need the likes of Caleb Chukwuemeka, Frith and Iroegbunham to have good games.