U23 Development League 2021/2022

BOF

Wilson I imagine will start with the U18s.

Not sure who the main striker for the U23s will be, Bradley Young, Barry, Archer, and Caleb Chukwuemeka will probably all go out on loan.

Shakpoke and Sewell are the two obvious contenders from the U18s given they will be too old for that level next season, but we don't know what's going on with Shakpoke injury wise, and Sewell is out of contract this summer with rumours that he's relecutant to sign a professional contract, also he wasn't anywhere on the retained or released list, so seems a good chance he might not even be with us.

It's why I wouldn't be surprised to us bring in a young striker specifically for the U23s, similar to the Iroegbunam signing from last season.

Can some kind and knowledgeable individual give a little update on all our youngsters? I haven't seen much about how this last season went for players like Swinkels, Bogarde, Burchall etc. Have they had big injuries? What positions have they been used in? How close do they look to being ready to go on loan or make some cameos for the first team like Iroegbunam did?

Anything would be welcome as I find it difficult to find any info on the youth teams. Not even sure who's playing in the U23s and who's playing in the U18s.

On 13/06/2022 at 10:08, messi11 said:

Rory Wilson gonna be one of the most hype kids in the PL with the media attention this move is getting. He better be good

He’s 16 years old, a kid, he shouldn’t be hyped up too much regardless of how good he is. I have been guilty of this in the past with many other young players on here and been made to look a fool on many occasions

11 hours ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

Can some kind and knowledgeable individual give a little update on all our youngsters? I haven't seen much about how this last season went for players like Swinkels, Bogarde, Burchall etc. Have they had big injuries? What positions have they been used in? How close do they look to being ready to go on loan or make some cameos for the first team like Iroegbunam did?

Anything would be welcome as I find it difficult to find any info on the youth teams. Not even sure who's playing in the U23s and who's playing in the U18s.

Swinkels had a few injuries and played a lot a LB for un23s due to others taking up CB positions. Not very favorable to him. I think next year will last at academy level if he’s not loaned out this season.As i feel he can physically play men’s football soon.

Bogarde had long injury after Chalton game in the papa Johns. So that’s why it’s gone quiet on him. You saw in photo at end of season training session with first team. He will mostly likely get a loan next year if physically able. He is one of the most exciting talents. Up there with Chuckumeka for me. Royals royce on the ball.

The has been some other major injuries to some others. But overall the players that have stood out is Tommi O’Reiley, Josh Feeney and Barber for main under 23s. We got lot younger guys that will get more of chance next season as 16 years old like Kaden Young. He will be the next one to keep eye on for me. 

Edited by Villa_Stateside
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ajani Burchall missed most of the season through injury, but scored three and assisted three in the six games that he did play. Hopefully he can stay fit next season, and I imagine we will see him make an impression.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1