FCG Meeting with Christian Purslow - 24th June

OutByEaster?

Can you ask them to slow down on the transfers please.  It's highly professional and all but I'm going to have a month of boredom at the end of this. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Can you ask them to slow down on the transfers please.  It's highly professional and all but I'm going to have a month of boredom at the end of this. 

Says who?  I've been promised a transfer every Thursday.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, sidcow said:

They still print a programme?? 

Wow. 

Book Read GIF

I know I’m in the minority, but when I make my pilgrimage to VP I absolutely plan on buying two copies of Villa News and Record for the match I attend. One to read and one to frame.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Raver50032 said:

Bumping this so that the sleeve sponsor can be added to the potential list of items for discussion as a concern for some of our supporters. 

why a concern?

12 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

why a concern?

It's not coming from me, I am quite relaxed about it considering the market out there. But there is some concern that we are associating ourselves with gambling companies and the various social issues that surround that type of thing... addiction for example. And in the case of the company we are now associated with, there are further concerns about the ethics of 'white label' businesses and all that goes with that type of jazz. 

As I said, I personally am not concerned, but a vocal minority in a different thread may wish to have their concerns raised at this meeting as it's an ideal time to raise it for future sponsor deals. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Betting companies are the new fags and booze sponsors. Regardless of how many times they say to be responsible on their adds they don't really give a toss. They want our cash, the same as the fags and booze firms did.

Personally I'd love us to go down the Acorns route again. 

Absolutely with you on that bit in bold. 

In my case, I don't drink, I don't smoke and I don't gamble (except 50p on the boat race/grand national as a bet within the family). I'm not directly affected by either the products or their advertising so don't really have any strong opinion either way. But elsewhere across this forum others have shared their concern and I felt that they should have their concerns aired in the FCG arena... 

Will be interested to see what comes back from the meeting and shared here in this thread. It's a good time to be a Villa fan. 👍 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I know this isn't much of an answer, but I suspect it's because the club want to drive traffic to AVTV. 

But that is limiting our audience to only Villa fans and also doesn't help with exposure to the next generation of fans. YouTube really is the stomping ground of the youth and to capture new fans it's a great prospect. 

• Like 4

"The club also raised caution with fans expectations that we are all set to return to full stadia when the Premier League resumes.  "

this makes me sad...

'VAR . . . The club believe we should take the lead from the Euros where the process clearly works well and there are many lessons in how this has been structured that could improve use of VAR in the Premier League.  The margin used to define offsides has been increased in favour of the attacking side which should see the number of goals disallowed significantly reduced.'

Well that's a big positive anyway.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

I assume that is 13,000 + Actual Season Ticket Holders? 

Is that a figure that is on top of the same number of ST holders as we had before covid and assuming a full capacity Villa Park or have we restricted the number of ST holders to reflect a possible reduced capacity? In other words is it 30k ST holders plus 13k on the waiting list?

Edited by DaveAV1

5 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Is that a figure that is on top of the same number of ST holders as we had before covid and assuming a full capacity Villa Park or have we restricted the number of ST holders to reflect a possible reduced capacity? In other words is it 30k ST holders plus 13k on the waiting list?

It's 30k season ticket holders plus 13k people on a waiting list to buy a season ticket.

• Thanks 1