FCG Meeting with Christian Purslow - 24th June

OutByEaster?

I'll have a go at this and echo some of the points already raised; tough with not being at Villa Park other than last game of the season this year.

1) Kit release date? As for training gear and replicas I believe they have already stated that they will be increasing the volume next season.

2) Update on O2 4G at Villa Park? Not a huge issue but I noticed against Chelsea I could barely get signal to get the team lineup pre game, I know it's something they are looking into currently.

3) Food Park, could it be considered full time next season? The food park area for the Chelsea game was brilliant in the coach car park, would it be possible to keep it next season and possibly relocate it? Great variety of food, possibly add in a few beer vans and it would be fantastic pre game.

4) Villa U18's, would it be possible to get the boys around Villa Park when we are back to full capacity for a lap of honour with the trophy? It would create a fantastic atmosphere pre game or during half time.

Edited by wilko154
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

O2 phone signal is a big issue for me as well a more vegetarian/vegan food options👍

probably impossible but a way to get food and drink faster at half-time. I'm sure they could increase sales by 50% if they could somehow serve faster.

Piggybacking on the sustainability post above. Any future redevelopment should be cutting edge in terms of mitigating adverse environmental impact. It's an opportunity for Villa to take a leading role on this front. 

Just read Spurs make £15 million per year just in food and drink sales - we make £11 million a year from ticket sales…

How do they plan to bridge that gap and I’d like to know what timescale are you working to in terms of improving the catering offerings and service in and around the stadium?

Surely a street vendor food market selling a variety of better quality food would bring in extra £££ over the dodgy burgers vans selling incinerated horse meat burgers and molten lava temp coffees? 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, ender4 said:

probably impossible but a way to get food and drink faster at half-time. I'm sure they could increase sales by 50% if they could somehow serve faster.

this is a great shout. southampton have had a click and collect system for years. even bournemouth have one. surely in this day and age we can do it.

Edited by tomav84

Are season tickets holders able to give their tickets to a friend/relative if they can’t make a match? This could be done in an approved way such as registering the ‘guest’ prior to the game and having their photo on the system.

I’m presuming the new photo system that was implemented was designed to prevent this but surely it’s better to have bums on seats (and spending at the kiosks/bar/ store etc). 

I’d like my kids to be able to share a season ticket (we’re currently on waiting list) as I can’t afford one for each and my daughter would like to come when my son can’t make it. I know kids don’t have their photos taken but she clearly isn’t going to pass as her brothers name.

Pre season games.

Any chance of attending some if the restrictions do end in July?

Also I know that the North Stand could well be gone in a few years but could the taps in the bogs not flow like the Niagara when you press on them?!

It can look like you just have had an 'accident'.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Just read Spurs make £15 million per year just in food and drink sales - we make £11 million a year from ticket sales…

Is that right? Let's say our average ticket price was £30 x 42,000 x 20 matches = £25,200,000 even before cup games and I'm sure our average ticket price is well above £30, especially with corporate seats costing a bomb. 

£11m sounds like a figure someone has put on the Internet which has become fact.  It just cannot be correct. 

8 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

I've noticed that the club have an arabian twitter page. I believe it is very new (only a few months old).

Will this page also be used to promote equality campaigns such e.g. rainbow laces when the PL is doing it or will there be no mention of such campaigns on the arabian twitter page?

Maybe we should concentrate on fixing our own issues before telling other nations what they should and shouldn't do. Like booing players for standing up to equality or selling weapons to illegally occupying nations.

Not trying to have a dig, just hate how the media is turning  people into having holier than thou attitudes. Some would even say thats bordering Islamophobic what you wrote

7 hours ago, Unused Sub said:

Question about 2019-20 season ticket refunds. For those who bought their season ticket in person with cash haven’t been able to get to refunds as the ticket office has been closed. They therefore wouldn’t have vouchers. I assume it’s a case of waiting for the ticket office to reopen for them to go in person to get their refund? Are there any alteratives for them?

@Unused Sub I'm not sure I understand this - are you saying that there are fans waiting for the ticket office to repoen in order to pay for a season ticket in cash?

If that's the case, won't that get difficult because the ticket office won't be open before the renewal date ends I'd have thought. 

The vouchers would be processed by the club when the new ticket is purchased I'd have thought, I think all ticket accounts are linked to an email now, so season ticket holders would have vouchers regardless of how they'd purchased the ticket initially and refunds would have been done directly to bank accounts I'd have thought, so again, no reason for them to be linked to the initial method of purchase.

I'm not sure I've understood.

I'll reiterate the kit/ training wear issues. It's constantly complained about from Macron, to Under Armour, through Luke, into Kappa. We are always one of the last, if not the last, to show our kit. We are always one of the last, if not the last, to get the home and away kits on sale. Training gear, and kits, both are woefully understocked in anything but extreme sizes. Kids kits arguably worse. Forget style of quality concerns of each brand, Nike were the last ones to adequately get stuff out in a reasonable timeframe with decent stock.

It is a bit silly we're going into the next premier league season with the same manufacturer and same sponsor and still know our kits won't be available til after the season has started. Yet every meeting seems to report back that they're 'aware' but nothing ever changes... Rant...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Is that right? Let's say our average ticket price was £30 x 42,000 x 20 matches = £25,200,000 even before cup games and I'm sure our average ticket price is well above £30, especially with corporate seats costing a bomb. 

£11m sounds like a figure someone has put on the Internet which has become fact.  It just cannot be correct. 

You’ve forgotten about season tickets which has a much lower average price (£20?) plus kids tickets averaging £10?

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

Are the club aware of the Ghanaian village who are Villa Mad and is there anything we can do to support them.

Yep, to me it’s obvious too. The club should set up a scheme where folks can donate any Villa clothing and merchandise they no longer need or want and they ensure it gets to the village, can’t see it costing much to set up and run either.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, ender4 said:

You’ve forgotten about season tickets which has a much lower average price (£20?) plus kids tickets averaging £10?

Hmmm.  I'm not sure it would make that much difference. For every 10 £10 kids seats theres a corporate seat costing hundreds. 

My season ticket is lower Holte, nowhere near the most expensive in the ground, in fact third cheapest and that works out £28.75 per game. Don't know how much upper Trinity costs, that's going to be well over £30.

I bet a good 60% plus season tickets are full adult prices if not more. 

I don't believe £11m