FCG Meeting with Christian Purslow - 24th June

OutByEaster?

All,

There's a meeting between the club and the supporters group on 24th June.

There will be an update from Christian Purslow followed by a chance for us to ask questions on anything that's happening with supporters at the moment that you feel the club can do something about, so if there's anything that you have concerns about, anything you want to pass on or anything you feel can be improved, please let us know in this thread by the end of Friday 17th June and we'll do our best to get your question asked.

Thank you!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This far we've picked up that people would like to know when they can expect to see season tickets, whether the club anticipates a full Villa Park and how the season ticket waiting list is currently looking.

Not fan related, but I would like to know if the club feel there is a realistic path to close the revenue gap with the Greedy 6 or will we simply have to punch above our weight and play in consecutive UCLs for that gap to be closed.

• Like 2

I would love to know his thoughts on the super league and if he thinks the fines are fair.  Does he think its a level playing field or are we always going to be fighting against referees favouring these 6 and the establishment sucking up to them.  Has it opened the eyes of the owners just how unfair it all is?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

For me it's all about "What are the plans to expand Villa Park"

If we are realistically going to consistently compete for Europe we need to be matching the likes of Spurs, Arsenal, Everton & West Ham with regards to stadium capacity both for the additional revenue and when helping attract new players of a higher ilk.

Afterall we know there are 30k ST holders and a waiting list of some 10k which equates to 40k. Add 10% for away fans (4k) thats 44k and thats without any match day tickets being made available for others which is currently around 8k by the looks of it? So just there thats 52k and of course for the big games you would surely have more demand than that too so 56 to 60k would seem realistic as of course that would mean 5 to 6k would have to be available for away fans.

So a 60k capacity would leave 6k for away fans, 54k for home fans of which potentially 40k would be season ticket holders, leaving 14k for normal tickets & corporate etc.

This is a good point and very relevant.

And separate to this our standing in the game considering our attempt to host the CL final this year and deemed not acceptable for UEFA.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

For me it's all about "What are the plans to expand Villa Park"

If we are realistically going to consistently compete for Europe we need to be matching the likes of Spurs, Arsenal, Everton & West Ham with regards to stadium capacity both for the additional revenue and when helping attract new players of a higher ilk.

Afterall we know there are 30k ST holders and a waiting list of some 10k which equates to 40k. Add 10% for away fans (4k) thats 44k and thats without any match day tickets being made available for others which is currently around 8k by the looks of it? So just there thats 52k and of course for the big games you would surely have more demand than that too so 56 to 60k would seem realistic as of course that would mean 5 to 6k would have to be available for away fans.

So a 60k capacity would leave 6k for away fans, 54k for home fans of which potentially 40k would be season ticket holders, leaving 14k for normal tickets & corporate etc.

This^

• Like 1

I've noticed that the club have an arabian twitter page. I believe it is very new (only a few months old).

Will this page also be used to promote equality campaigns such e.g. rainbow laces when the PL is doing it or will there be no mention of such campaigns on the arabian twitter page?

• Like 3

More availability of training stock/kits. Why we're always so late in unveiling our kit and if Villa Park will be getting upgraded (the corners filled in in the north stand) in the next 3 - 5 years?

32 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

I've noticed that the club have an arabian twitter page. I believe it is very new (only a few months old).

Will this page also be used to promote equality campaigns such e.g. rainbow laces when the PL is doing it or will there be no mention of such campaigns on the arabian twitter page?

That is indeed an ethical handgrenade: "here, catch!"

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

Question about 2019-20 season ticket refunds. For those who bought their season ticket in person with cash haven’t been able to get to refunds as the ticket office has been closed. They therefore wouldn’t have vouchers. I assume it’s a case of waiting for the ticket office to reopen for them to go in person to get their refund? Are there any alteratives for them?

On a personal note, when the programme editors add the Youth Cup winners 2021 to the honour list on the opening page, can they please add the Youth Cup runner up dates as well please. Does my OCD no good when the programme lists the FA Cup & League Cup runner up years only!

Re kit:  Is it possible to release our new kit and merchandise any earlier each year?  My kids would love to wear a new kit over the summer holidays but this is rarely possible due to either manufacture/sponsor changes or delays. Feels like a missed opportunity for the club.

Re Stadium upgrade/expansion:  Can the club confirm any short and/or long term plans please?

Many thanks @OutByEaster?

• Like 3