FCG Meeting with Christian Purslow - 24th June

OutByEaster?

2 hours ago, Junxs said:

Maybe we should concentrate on fixing our own issues before telling other nations what they should and shouldn't do. Like booing players for standing up to equality or selling weapons to illegally occupying nations.

Not trying to have a dig, just hate how the media is turning  people into having holier than thou attitudes. Some would even say thats bordering Islamophobic what you wrote

In fairness to his post, there is large amount of hate on social media when Aston Villa FC post about some campaigns. Notably the Egyptian fan base post some pretty horrific stuff when Villa promote anything to do with LGBT.

He's perhaps worded his post in the wrong way there.

Edited by wilko154

Do they have contingency plans in place if the worst happens again and Covid becomes a big issue again. 
I thought last time, the way they organised the refund was very odd, getting the 6 vouchers. For me I thought they’d just add it to your Villa account, that way some people may have purchased more kit with it, generating more money for the club. 

19 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Maybe ask for a update on the inner city academy application at Witton Station? Could be a very interesting development.

And the Villa Hotel in the North Stand car park. Planning permission was granted ages ago. 

Edited by sidcow

I would love us to buy the Aston Hotel and renovate it like the Holte Pub. 

There are precious few drinking holes left around the ground.

I believe it's used by a women's charity or something currently so we would obviously have to assist them finding a new home nearby, maybe something with more rooms and give a big donation to them. 

Upstairs could be used as club offices or extra hotel rooms or something. 

Would also help preserve a lovely old building which is currently in a bit of a sorry state. 

• Like 1

Another one for awful O2 signal at the ground please. Can’t even receive what’s app messages let alone check half time scores from other games, or pre match team news.

On the kits, I became a dad in April - why don’t they have shirts available in baby sizes? I’d be happily wasting my money on them! Seems strange when I know they are available for other teams.

As for half time drinks queues, a start would be having pints being poured for the ten minutes before HT, or investing in some of those multi pourer machines you see at the cricket or festivals that do 20 pints at a time.

7 hours ago, thabucks said:

Just read Spurs make £15 million per year just in food and drink sales - we make £11 million a year from ticket sales…

How do they plan to bridge that gap and I’d like to know what timescale are you working to in terms of improving the catering offerings and service in and around the stadium?

Surely a street vendor food market selling a variety of better quality food would bring in extra £££ over the dodgy burgers vans selling incinerated horse meat burgers and molten lava temp coffees? 

That’s because Levy bleeds his fans dry and it’s London prices 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

@Unused Sub I'm not sure I understand this - are you saying that there are fans waiting for the ticket office to repoen in order to pay for a season ticket in cash?

If that's the case, won't that get difficult because the ticket office won't be open before the renewal date ends I'd have thought. 

The vouchers would be processed by the club when the new ticket is purchased I'd have thought, I think all ticket accounts are linked to an email now, so season ticket holders would have vouchers regardless of how they'd purchased the ticket initially and refunds would have been done directly to bank accounts I'd have thought, so again, no reason for them to be linked to the initial method of purchase.

I'm not sure I've understood.

My understanding is that all season ticket holders are entitled to a refund for the 6 games played behind closed doors at the end of the 2019-20 season. How you purchased your ticket will define how you received your refund.

Those who paid by card or online received vouchers or got a refund via their card. Those who paid with cash in person at the ticket office may not have an online presence to get vouchers and cannot get a refund as the ticket office is closed.

Can the club help these people out, as I suspect a lot of the cash buyers will loose out as there is deadline by which you can claim.

The table does say “income” but perhaps it’s rather “profit” and the running costs are factored in?

Do many people pay for a season ticket in cash?? Not to say that being unable to get a refund isn’t a problem for that one person.

Spurs probably make more on food and drink because they don’t wait til someone orders before realising that people might actually want a beer? Plus the cheese is probably expensive. On that note, I think we should sell gourmet cheese pies, cause everything is better in pastry. Bit like a pork pie but with a whole block of Stilton in the middle instead of the mystery meat, and puff pastry rather than that MDF they use in supermarket ones.

Edited by fightoffyour

On 14/06/2021 at 23:40, OutByEaster? said:

All,

There's a meeting between the club and the supporters group on 24th June.

There will be an update from Christian Purslow followed by a chance for us to ask questions on anything that's happening with supporters at the moment that you feel the club can do something about, so if there's anything that you have concerns about, anything you want to pass on or anything you feel can be improved, please let us know in this thread by the end of Friday 17th June and we'll do our best to get your question asked.

Thank you!

Hey OBE!

Great that you're doing this, thanks for opening it out to us. 

Can you please ask if the club will continue with the Claret Club Memberships? 

Cheers. 

• Like 1

Liverpool are the latest club who are definitely going ahead with stadium capacity increase announced today.  I would like a little more information on what these longer terms plans they have alluded to are.   Their previous line of it not being worth it just doesn't stack up as clubs all over the shop are expanding.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

I'll reiterate the kit/ training wear issues. It's constantly complained about from Macron, to Under Armour, through Luke, into Kappa. We are always one of the last, if not the last, to show our kit. We are always one of the last, if not the last, to get the home and away kits on sale. Training gear, and kits, both are woefully understocked in anything but extreme sizes. Kids kits arguably worse. Forget style of quality concerns of each brand, Nike were the last ones to adequately get stuff out in a reasonable timeframe with decent stock.

It is a bit silly we're going into the next premier league season with the same manufacturer and same sponsor and still know our kits won't be available til after the season has started. Yet every meeting seems to report back that they're 'aware' but nothing ever changes... Rant...

Great post.

14 hours ago, Junxs said:

Maybe we should concentrate on fixing our own issues before telling other nations what they should and shouldn't do. Like booing players for standing up to equality or selling weapons to illegally occupying nations.

Not trying to have a dig, just hate how the media is turning  people into having holier than thou attitudes. Some would even say thats bordering Islamophobic what you wrote

It's about what the club can do though. I also think it is a bit disingenuous from the club to support such campaigns in the UK while not mentioning it on the arabian twitter page. Maybe they already plan to. They have taken a stance on the knee and I support that. They can probably do less about the selling of weapons I'd imagine.

Regarding some would say what I wrote is Islamophobic, I would ask the exact same if the club had a Hungarian twitter page (a country that is mostly catholic - which I also am). In fact I would probably have a stronger opinion considering the law that they just passed yesterday. I am talking basic human rights for everyone regardless of whether it's Riyadh or Rotherham.

22 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

That is indeed an ethical handgrenade: "here, catch!"

It is a tricky one. I get the desire to expand in to untapped markets but I don't think that there is anything ethical about it.

Will you support campaigns for equality in regions where equality is severely lacking?

1 hour ago, sparrow1988 said:

It's about what the club can do though. I also think it is a bit disingenuous from the club to support such campaigns in the UK while not mentioning it on the arabian twitter page. Maybe they already plan to. They have taken a stance on the knee and I support that. They can probably do less about the selling of weapons I'd imagine.

Regarding some would say what I wrote is Islamophobic, I would ask the exact same if the club had a Hungarian twitter page (a country that is mostly catholic - which I also am). In fact I would probably have a stronger opinion considering the law that they just passed yesterday. I am talking basic human rights for everyone regardless of whether it's Riyadh or Rotherham.

Yeah I agree, but it just seemed very specific and a strange thing to want bringing up in a fans consultation forum when theres worse things happening in the world (and UK) than a few keyboard warriors in Egypt. 

19 hours ago, thabucks said:

Just read Spurs make £15 million per year just in food and drink sales - we make £11 million a year from ticket sales…

How do they plan to bridge that gap and I’d like to know what timescale are you working to in terms of improving the catering offerings and service in and around the stadium?

Surely a street vendor food market selling a variety of better quality food would bring in extra £££ over the dodgy burgers vans selling incinerated horse meat burgers and molten lava temp coffees? 

agree with this

How do you get fans to the stadium earlier? how do you get them out of the locals and out of the city centre and in and around VP 1 hour+ before kick off, what can we do in terms of digbeth dining club etc, can we reduce the demand on services at half time by providing services pre game

if you're turning up at 2.55pm and then trying to get an overpriced pie and flat beer at half time the answer should be turn up at 2pm and get a great pie and proper beer outside the ground

how do we pander to the day trippers but convince the regular fans that its a good idea - man city have done it - id convert the holte end car park personally and make it a enclosed food market / american style tail gate type thing, club shop station there too, activities for kids, beer garden at the back of the holte pub if thats what you want

something tells me the club would be too worried about idiots and hooligans though

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I always thought it was very odd how they try to get you out of the ground as quick as possible.

Once me and my friends stayed behind a bit chatting whilst the queues to get out were ridiculous, and the stewards came to us told us to leave. 

Think its a good idea if they kept certain areas open with people buying drinks and food and having the late kick off on screens for people to hang about, helps reduce the immediate traffic around the area as well. I'd rather be standing in the concourse watching a match with my friends than sat in the car in a traffic jam. 

Edited by Junxs
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Yeah I agree, but it just seemed very specific and a strange thing to want bringing up in a fans consultation forum when theres worse things happening in the world (and UK) than a few keyboard warriors in Egypt. 

One of those things could be in some countries homosexuals are prosecuted for being gay or in extreme cases sentenced to death.

I brought it up becasue I stumbled upon the page on twitter a few days back, and had previously read somewhere that the clubs that already have a presence in the area, (Man U, Liverpool et al) don't share such posts on those regional twitter accounts for fear of a backlash. See also Arsenal and their silence on Özil's comments criticising China regarding the Uighurs.

2 hours ago, Unused Sub said:

My understanding is that all season ticket holders are entitled to a refund for the 6 games played behind closed doors at the end of the 2019-20 season. How you purchased your ticket will define how you received your refund.

Those who paid by card or online received vouchers or got a refund via their card. Those who paid with cash in person at the ticket office may not have an online presence to get vouchers and cannot get a refund as the ticket office is closed.

Can the club help these people out, as I suspect a lot of the cash buyers will loose out as there is deadline by which you can claim.

I think you’ve misunderstood. 

You were given an option of money back or vouchers. It was irrelevant of how you paid for it. Those who opted for the money back were paid into their account.