Euro 2020 : Group F (France, Germany, Hungary, Portugal)

BOF

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Hungary didnt look too bad vs France, I expected them to pick up a result. If they hold on they can draw with Germany and probably get through

They did well against portugal for about 85 minutes but France should be 3 up. Griezmann was probably offside but missed a sitter. Mbappe missed a great chance and the worst of all Benzema

Hungary’s work rate and organisation is impressive. They arguably matched up just as well against Portugal, though, but having more of the luck they didn’t get then in this game. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I was tempted to post something about feeling slightly ambivalent about the atmosphere. I don’t want to be prejudiced, but I wouldn’t be shocked if the average political position behind that goal was slightly east of Overton on a scale from  Nigel Farage via Viktor Orban and Donald Trump to Heinrich Himler. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think among other things, it shows once again effort, work and application, can negate talent on the day.

It does but theres other variables in there. France missed three sitters first half. Oliver failed to give a nailed on penalty.  Against portugal they capitulated when going 1-0 down and I think the same would have happened today if France had took the lead. Effort gets you so far but talent and luck are major factors as well. 

Edited by PaulC

Officials going for a fist bump with Joachim Low.  They're probably relieved they don't have to do the handshake but I would have done the elbow thing just to be on the safe side. 

• Haha 2

Â