Euro 2020 : Group D (England, Scotland, Croatia, Czechia)

BOF

13 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I underestimated Italy and I overestimated Southgate. He obviously has his favourites.

I think he would have preferred a 18 man squad if he had his way. Interesting Enrique said he called up only 24 players because they deserved it

At least he is honest

If Jack starts tonight then the tournament finally starts for me. I haven't been fussed up to now but will be seriously excited if our lad starts. 

I hope he's fired up and ready to own it because he'll be carrying the nations hopes on his shoulders not just B6. 

• Like 3

No way we win the Euro's playing like we have been. Zero form, wrong players we are already effectively out. 

At this point radical changes are needed today Sancho, Jack, Bellingham in to stand any chance of staying in and winning. 

11 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

If Jack starts tonight then the tournament finally starts for me. I haven't been fussed up to now but will be seriously excited if our lad starts. 

I hope he's fired up and ready to own it because he'll be carrying the nations hopes on his shoulders not just B6. 

and with Mount unlikely to take part in the last 16 game, he needs to perform and England need to win.

4 hours ago, rjw63 said:

I wish he'd tie one round his own neck and jump off the wardrobe

Hate him as England manager but we need to be careful what we wish for:

Next England Manager

image.png.17cf0b7a1b6d0f5a55a78cbe8818ee5a.png 

Favourite with most of the bookies. Would be to higher price to pay to get rid of Southgate.

Although I don't think he would accept the job if offered.

Slightly disappointed if Jack gets thrown into a position he’s not been prepared for with changes across the side, points to more indecision. Southgate starting Saka would be another contradiction to his comments about players and experience but that’s not surprising.

Having said that Jack is so versatile he’ll do what he does from the middle and do it well.

Just wish Mings would keep his spot as he’s been head and shoulders the best England player, maybe he’s being rested and Maguire given a chance to show he can compete now we’ve qualified but that’s probably being kind on Southgate.

From the leaks I’m expecting:

Pickford

Walker Stones Maguire Shaw

Rice Phillips

Saka Grealish Sterling

QB9

Id prefer to see:

Pickford

Walker Stones Mings Shaw

Rice

Sancho Phillips Bellingham Grealish

QB9

Which would have Mount in Phillips’ place and Phillips in Rice’s place if he wasn’t having to isolate (another story but the entire situation is a little crazy)

Edited by a m ole

46 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Pickford

Walker Stones Maguire Shaw

Rice Phillips

Saka Grealish Sterling

QB9

Sounds like it.  Harsh on Mings given he's been England's best player over the 2 games, but giving Slabhead a run in a dead(ish) game is understandable I suppose.

Grealish and Saka will be sweet.  Just need Kane to stay up top and hope he's got his mojo back.  Fantastic opportunity for Jack to make himself undroppable.

1 hour ago, markc said:

Hate him as England manager but we need to be careful what we wish for:

Next England Manager

image.png.17cf0b7a1b6d0f5a55a78cbe8818ee5a.png 

Favourite with most of the bookies. Would be to higher price to pay to get rid of Southgate.

Although I don't think he would accept the job if offered.

England manager should be a part time job for a full time manager. It ain't that deep, you don't need to travel and watch a billion games of football live.

You are not going to get a top coach in his prime, it's either an old duffer on a come down or a young muppet who can't get a PL gig.

19 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

England manager should be a part time job for a full time manager. It ain't that deep, you don't need to travel and watch a billion games of football live.

You are not going to get a top coach in his prime, it's either an old duffer on a come down or a young muppet who can't get a PL gig.

100% agree, it should be a part time role.

23 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Maybe, but I don't think that's something the club or country would be happy with. 

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

100% agree, it should be a part time role.

I think they'll end up in all sorts of FA guff and on various committees and marketing stuff, face of the company charm offensive in football politics type thing that club managers don't have to put up with 

Â