Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

His chance creation stats are consistently among the best. That's what he's in the side to do. He can definitely improve on his goal scoring, but assists are just as much on his strikers (*cough* Pukki *cough*) as they are him.

you need Benylin.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

I rate Buendia, that doesn't change the fact that he needs to improve his goals and assists ratio, not sure how anyone can possibly disagree with that, if we have someone taking a place in our front three we need them to be scoring more than five goals over two Premier league seasons.

I also rated both Veretout and Gana, Gana especially, as I think most Villa fans did, so not sure what they have to do with anything.

Goals I agree but he's been in the top 5% in the league for xA per 90 in his two seasons which is a better barometer to work off in terms of creativity. Hard to put up better numbers than he does on the chance creation front, where you're then relying on teammates to finish the job for you.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, useless said:

I rate Buendia, that doesn't change the fact that he needs to improve his goals and assists ratio, not sure how anyone can possibly disagree with that, if we have someone taking a place in our front three we need them to be scoring more than five goals over two Premier league seasons.

I also rated both Veretout and Gana, Gana especially, as I think most Villa fans did, so not sure what they have to do with anything.

I agree in terms of goals, but he did get 6 assists, so falls joint 7th in the league for assists... Along with that, he created some real clearcut chances, I can think of at least 4 instances where Ings (x2) , Watkins and Chuk were all in on goal and should all score. So, theres no issues with him creating the opportunities, just players finishing them. 

Edited by The Other Mat

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Play him regularly (and actually finish the chances he creates) and he’ll be likely to top this list this season. It just comes naturally to him and he’s excellent at it:

and he only played half of the frickin season.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Play him regularly (and actually finish the chances he creates) and he’ll be likely to top this list this season. It just comes naturally to him and he’s excellent at it:

Everyone in that list bar De Bruyne (~300) have played over 800 minutes more than him too. He's ridiculously good at it. Only De Bruyne can rival him in this league imo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Archer would love them through balls.

• Like 1

Buendia & Coutinho are two of our best players. It should not be beyond a premier league coaching staff to find a successful way of playing them together.

Hell one plays well in the right the other on the left, it cannot be THAT difficult.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Look at the body language there, I don’t think he’s a happy camper at the moment. In truth I’m a bit worried about the Gerrard Coutinho love in. Buendia is outshining him at present yet not getting game time. All smells a bit too Southgatey for me. Play our in form players…simples…..or go

Ings

Coutinho                      Bailey

Buendia

Kamara          Luiz

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Buendia & Coutinho are two of our best players. It should not be beyond a premier league coaching staff to find a successful way of playing them together.

Hell one plays well in the right the other on the left, it cannot be THAT difficult.

They played together in our last PL game and played together a heap of times last season. The issue with the two of them playing was really the lack of passing quality in CB and Midfield. Buendia had to go so deep to get the ball as nobody was getting it to him.

We've Carlos and Kamara now and if we play Luiz we're looking very good at playing from the back which means they'll get on the ball more often as we'll retain possession more.

Bailey gives a different option as he's got pace for over the top direct balls. So it depends on the opposition who suits best for the right forward position. With Bailey and Coutinho we get one staying wide and one coming centrally which opens space for JJ to bust into (or McGinn if he plays LCM that day). 

We've options which is fantastic 

28 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

They played together in our last PL game and played together a heap of times last season. The issue with the two of them playing was really the lack of passing quality in CB and Midfield. Buendia had to go so deep to get the ball as nobody was getting it to him.

We've Carlos and Kamara now and if we play Luiz we're looking very good at playing from the back which means they'll get on the ball more often as we'll retain possession more.

Bailey gives a different option as he's got pace for over the top direct balls. So it depends on the opposition who suits best for the right forward position. With Bailey and Coutinho we get one staying wide and one coming centrally which opens space for JJ to bust into (or McGinn if he plays LCM that day). 

We've options which is fantastic 

Might be better starting Buendia against Bournemouth then, they will sit quite deep I'd imagine, Bailey might not have the space to run behind.  Bailey will be lethal against teams playing a high line.

Edited by duke313

8 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Gerrard will look a right wally if (yet again) we're flat and he comes on to be our best player.

agreed. He keeps doing it time and time again - how often in pre season did our "second half team" put in a better performance than the starters. There's no point in having this culture of everyone fighting for their place if it isnt rewarded fairly. I feel like poor emi seems to have to prove it more than others. It must get demoralising after a while

• Like 1

Â