Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

I really don't think people appreciate yet how he is going to completely revolutionise us. 

His stats are right up there. 

Imagine our forward play with 2 Jack's! Look how good we were on those rare occasions Barkley played well - then add some. 

Then if Jack does get injured, we've still got someone else who can carry us forward and take the game to the opposition. 

How many more points would we have got last season if we hadn't missed Jack so badly? 

How many more points would we have got if Barkley hadn't been so goddam awful? 

If this signing alone works out it could completely transform us. 

Very much this. I was surprised we were going after a 10 as well (not complaining mind) but playing 4-3-3 with Jack, Ollie and Emi forward, McGinn and Sanson as super dynamic 8’s and Dougie holding … that’s class even without further additions. Throw in JWP* or a great DCM and we’re really cooking on gas.  

*until Christmas when Carney has claimed a starting role for himself. 

3 minutes ago, burchy said:

think West Ham this season will play with a back six against us, 2 x RB, 2 x CB and 2x LB

Southgate to West Ham rumours are true then? 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Traore was a trainwreck defensively.

Thankfully Emi 2 will solve this issue and i can rest assured.

Beautiful signing.

Trainwreck is somewhat harsh. Not amazing but he's a winger after all.

• Like 1

On 17/07/2021 at 16:09, sidcow said:

I really don't think people appreciate yet how he is going to completely revolutionise us. 

This. The bloke is something special. I’ve said throughout that his defensive stats and work rate are something I find even more impressive that is phenomenal attacking stats. With Ollie in-front of him, defenders aren’t going to get a minute of rest bite. He is going to give managers much more of a problem than “double up on Jack - win the game” and he is also going to improve Cash’s output. 

Look I love Traore (I can’t remember the last player that gave me so many ‘how the f##k moments’ but there were times last season when he was overrun due to a lack of help. Let’s not forget that Cash was a winger and very attacking at Forest. That attacking intent may have been limited last year due to mix of things, but I fully expect that to return with Buendia in front of him. 

So so excited about this guy. Like you said, he’s going to transform us.  

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

How many goals and assists we reckon he’ll get then ?

Playing as #10 with Ollie infront of him he could easily get 10-15 assists and will hopefully chip in with 7-10 goals

Looking back, these 2 did brilliant for us numbers wise.

spacer.png

This is very short sighted.

I look less at numbers and more on general play. And unfortunately for El Ghazi and Traore their general play is just very inconsistent and most of the time really bad. Particularly really poor decision making.

Goals  and assists is just a bonus. If the general play is all round good then that will benefit the team more than just having stat padders.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I look less at numbers and more on general play. And unfortunately for El Ghazi and Traore their general play is just very inconsistent and most of the time really bad. Particularly really poor decision making.

Goals  and assists is just a bonus. If the general play is all round good then that will benefit the team more than just having stat padders.

Yet amazingly the league table looks less at general play and is based on numbers.

17 hours ago, villalad21 said:

But you decided you didn’t like Traore before he’d played for us didn’t you?

4 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Yeah, Cristiano Ronaldo is considered selfish when assessing his overall play. He also has a relatively low number of successful dribbles per attempt and provides very few chances for his fellow attackers and assists considering. 

We'll ignore his 29 goals in 33 games. F'kin stat padder. 

Abraham doesn't score 29 goals in 33 games though.

You are using the exception to the rule as an example to prove a point here buddy.

Abraham have too many flaws in his game to make it at a top club. That is the bottom line.

If a player isn't good enough for Chelsea he shouldn't be good enough for Villa. That's how high we have to set the bar if we are to progress to the next level.

13 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Abraham doesn't score 29 goals in 33 games though.

You are using the exception to the rule as an example to prove a point here buddy.

Abraham have too many flaws in his game to make it at a top club. That is the bottom line.

If a player isn't good enough for Chelsea he shouldn't be good enough for Villa. That's how high we have to set the bar if we are to progress to the next level.

This is the Emiliano Buendia thread. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This full review is a good read (I’ve only quoted a bit of it)

Player Analysis

Player Overview

Buendia is a very versatile player who could operate in the centre or out wide in the pitch. Farke’s Norwich plays with 4-2-3-1 where Buendia is mainly deployed as the right-side attacking midfielder in the setup. In the attacking phase, unlike other right-footed player playing on the right, he would move and stay in the centre of the pitch rather than just hugging the sideline. Being comfortable playing with either foot has put him in a huge advantage. Norwich pushes their full-backs upfront to provide options and stretch the opposition’s defensive line. 

This playing style allows him to work between the opposition’s line and do what he does best, creating chances for the team. This season, Norwich scored 29 goals in the first 20 games. He directly involved in 41% of Norwich’s goals by scoring 6 goals and providing 6 assists. The heatmap below shows that he operates between the opposition’s line he tends to cut into the centre.

Â