Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

25 minutes ago, Thug said:

I acknowledged that in my post.

I’m not for a minute saying that he was indeed man of the match.  But there’s things happening that your eyes won’t tell you.

What I would say is that he certainly wasn’t the worst player on the pitch.

If we are serious about Europe only Martinez and Kamara are safe from needing upgrading.

I never said you didn’t mate. Was just pointing out that a lot of fans these days seem to be obsessed with stats when judging a player. I mean a player can score a 30 yard screamer and the player who passed the ball to him gets an assist, ridiculous imo. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

My eyes frequently lie. Many years ago, after drinking strong lager all day, I spent the evening chatting to a young lady who I was convinced looked like Naomi Campbell, only to wake up the next morning next to someone who looked more like Sol Campbell.

She was still getting over that disallowed Argentina goal. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

My eyes frequently lie. Many years ago, after drinking strong lager all day, I spent the evening chatting to a young lady who I was convinced looked like Naomi Campbell, only to wake up the next morning next to someone who looked more like Sol Campbell.

I heard he’d gone up the Arsenal but never put two and two together.

2 hours ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

Might have been tbf. Not that there's anything wrong with that sort of thing.

On 24/05/2021 at 13:52, Delphinho123 said:

I’m actually surprised at the amount of links away from Norwich considering they refused to sell in January (supposedly). 

I think another poster said this, but it makes me think that Norwich said to him in Jan that he needed to stay just to cement their Promotion but in the Summer he could leave if the right bid comes in. Perhaps? 

40m is a lot of money but the boy is class and his stats are very impressive. Him and Grealish in the side would be very interesting..

I remember a time, a different time when there was love and positivism in this thread. That love has turned sour. 

There may be a day where the great @Delphinho123's opinion may be changed back... But until then...

image.jpeg.cd974efd3fb7531658dc76b15517b4ce.jpeg

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I remember a time, a different time when there was love and positivism in this thread. That love has turned sour. 

There may be a day where the great @Delphinho123's opinion may be changed back... But until then...

image.jpeg.cd974efd3fb7531658dc76b15517b4ce.jpeg

I genuinely thought he’d be very good for us. I was really excited when we signed him! He’s been poor though. Annoying. 

• Like 1

I think Buendia is upgradable but conversely, Emery will keep him around as long as his form doesn't drop off a cliff.

He has in 6 matches - played as a LM tucking in, a second striker, a CAM in a 4231 and as an auxiliary LWB.

Managers will pick someone who they can trust to put in a defensive shift (and not just a casual jog towards their marker) while contributing in other phases of the game.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

He's one of my favourite players. I like a player who gives 100% for the team. He's a team player in the same way that Watkins is. He never hides, he always wants the ball and is prepared to play riskier 'positive' passes, which means that he gives the ball away more than a player who doesn't show up for a pass, or plays safer sideways and backwards passes.

Given that he's involved up and down the pitch in attacking the opposition box and getting into goal scoring positions and also pressing the midfield opposition when out of possession, as well as regularly tackling back into defensive areas, his energy , attitude and aggressive will to win is essential to our team in my opinion.

He doesn't always have good games (but it's not for the want of trying) and because of the high energy style of his game he's probably a seventy minute maximum player and not a ninety minute player, but that's why we have good subs. If all our players had the same attitude and desire we would be a team to be feared.

Fully agree, the work he does off the ball is really valuable for the team, but wont get noticed much by some or in the stats, also that he constantly shows up for a pass is so good for the team as a whole. On top of that he has the ability to make the killer pass, which he quite often does. Would be good also to have a stat for a pass leading to an assist. I bet he and Luiz would rank very high on that stat.

16 hours ago, Indigo said:

I know some folk turn their noses up at the mere idea of stats, but still and all this is pretty great going. Definitely needs to find some more consistency on the attacking side of things but it's quite clear why Emery would value him.

Screenshot_20230115_153252_Chrome.jpg

These FIFA stats have been modified surely! 

i know it’s not FIFA. 

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

These FIFA stats have been modified surely! 

i know it’s not FIFA. 

Presumably showing his percentile relative to other forwards. Which, of course, he's going to rank highly for. 

Compare him with midfielders and he'd be a bit more middle of the pack I'd guess.

He definitely does deliver a lot for us defensively in the final third. And he scored in the last game as well.

Hes still creating more chances than most of our team as well, and if he can get his passing boots back on he'll be doing everything for us all over the pitch. 

He's had a bit of a slump creatively, but I'm sure a bit of confidence, and a striker that can read the game and has pace, would see him back at the top of the chances created charts, whilst staying st the top of the defensive ones.

Probably still working off the terrible coaching of Gerrard and the confidence dent of being dropped for no reason.

• Like 1

On 15/01/2023 at 15:34, Indigo said:

I know some folk turn their noses up at the mere idea of stats, but still and all this is pretty great going. Definitely needs to find some more consistency on the attacking side of things but it's quite clear why Emery would value him.

Screenshot_20230115_153252_Chrome.jpg

How the hell is errors zero? Surely losing the ball in the middle of the pitch and leaving us open for a break is an error ? 

That’s my biggest issue with him. If he doesn’t  try and take players on in the middle of the pitch he’s fine. 

Â