Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

Should have been rested but who to play in his place? Maybe Coutinho should have gotten the start.

These are the games where Buendia needs to show and just wasn't it.

Biggest criticism of him right now is similar to what Grealish would do during frustrating games. He needs to stop going to the ball and stay between the lines. He receives the ball too far out and the defense gets too set by the time he turns.

It's no use ruining the shape if he walks all the way back to Mings to get the ball. He's not that player to beat 3x opponents.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It’s the same every game

Sadly I’m seeing this too, when things are rushed or we are pressed he struggles, in games where we have time on the ball he’s not too bad. 

Just now, Zero7 said:

Sadly I’m seeing this too, when things are rushed or we are pressed he struggles, in games where we have time on the ball he’s not too bad. 

Funny enough, I see it opposite. When the game is stretched, his long passing and quick touches can help link defense to attack. 

When the game is bogged down and he needs to make something in the final third happen, just haven’t seen it. 

I’ve never been a Buendia fan but you can’t knock his effort. Unfortunately effort alone doesn’t get us to where we want to be. He simply isn’t good enough in the final third imo. He’s had a good run of games now but doesn’t really look like creating anything. The amount of times he passes the ball straight to a defender when there is a fairly simple ball on in behind is really beginning to annoy me. 

Edited by WHY

2 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

His shit and we massively over paid for him, was one instance in the 2nd half we was on the attack down the right and he just stood there in an offside position

I noticed that. What the hell was he doing? Walking around in an offside position with his head down when we were pushing for a winner. 

Â