Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

34 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Bit over the top😂. They attended a tourist attraction, indirectly contributing to animal cruelty. It's not like they were filmed beating the shit out of the lion. They seem like decent lads who made an error of judgement.  

Nah, **** the cretins

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Steero113 said:

The overwhelming negative being that we had a cataclysmically s**t 'manager' for the first dozen games of the season. 

That maybe so, so we should expect by that deduction a marked improvement in each player.....so is there a need to buy?

I would suspect, UE thinks there is.

4 hours ago, Tom13 said:

This is true tbh, and I was desperate for us to sign Emi for ages, so I'm one of his biggest fans. He needs to calm down a bit on the ball, he has been guilty of giving it away stupidly for us.

But yeah, if it's a through ball, there are fewer in world football I'd want to spot it/execute it.

I love the boy....seems to try a bit too hard at times, needs to find some composure.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Did they chain the lion up? Nope 

Did they contribute to the pain and suffering of the lion by paying the owner of the “zoo” an extortionate amount of money, so they could walk it for Instagram likes? Yes. Cretins.

I actually think it's a really interesting debate, in line with the larger conversation around players' ever-growing social media presence.

People obviously have a right to do things in their private life and for those things to remain private. However, these four men went as part of essentially a work outing, and then posted these controversial images on social media, on the same "channels" that they use for Aston Villa content. Therefore, I feel it is a reasonable link to then complain that Villa are now being associated with an unseemly topic such as private zoos for chained up exotic animals.

Although I wouldn't go as far as jim, I'd agree it's pretty awful behaviour and doesn't reflect well on them at all and I'd hope that someone at the club responsible for public image would be having stern words at some point in the near future.

I noticed something whilst going through Buendia's stats on fbref.

image.png.8cc6a10710f08f39b18b30424a35e965.png

Its often stated how high Buendia's creation numbers were back in his first season in the PL with Norwich, rivaling the likes of Grealish and KDB. And whilst yes his SCA(Shot-Creation actions) were very high that season, it wasn't just from open play. The PassLive column shows how many shots were created by Buendia from passes in open play. The PassDead column shows how many shots were created from passes in deadball situations. Whilst both categories show a drop off, over the seasons, its the PassDead column that shows by far the biggest drop off. The question is, why?

This also suggests that Buendia's ability to create in open play has not actually diminished that much since he joined us. Last season, he was only creating 10 percent less in open play than he was with Norwich in the PL. This season, its 20 percent less. Whilst that is concerning, the bigger issue to unlocking his full potential is to find out why he isn't creating as much in dead ball situations anymore. Because if its simply a case of he was literally on every dead ball situation whilst he was at Norwich, that's not exactly something we can improve on here. Putting him on every deadball situation might help his own creation numbers, but doesn't necessarily help the team;s.

Edit: I probably should've included this in the original post too. But yeah, you can see the stats here.

image.png.9175a55a12e58279e691b23d1135a176.png

The Dead column shows the amount of dead-ball ball passes he took per 90. You can already see the big drop off here but just looking at dead ball situations might mask the true extent of the drop off as dead ball passes can include all sorts of situations. I kept the free kick and corner kick columns because they're the deadball situation where you would expect a chance to be created from. As you can see, he took an even bigger hit in these columns. He was averaging 4 corners taken per game. This season, he's averaging 1 corner every 2 games. No wonder his dead ball creation numbers have dropped so much.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Thanks 2

Â