Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

30 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yes, it's 100 percent ok, and I also added that caveat.

The issue with that is, everything coming from the club, journalists close to he club, and Manager himself verbally indicates that is not the case.

It's armchair fans who have come to the conclusion that this IS the case and that's the end of the story. Lol

There was a point where. " I don't think SG fancies Bailey " and then he was starting games ahead of EMI, and Vice versa.

What if a combination of thinking certain setup and personall might be better against certain opposition, or suit a certain system better at times, in combination with niggles which put another player in the squad ahead of him. ( Doesn't necessarily mean he's right either )

Just the other week he hated Ming's and would only play him again when he looked him in the eyes. Who was also injured.

What if there is also an element of Man Management ( As we also have other players in the team ) where we are also trying to balance giving those players confidence?

There are so many factors involved in these things, too many to be simplified into our little online fan consipracy conclusions.

We have alot of good players in those areas now, and I'm also a big fan of EMI, however this is just yet another in a line of conspiracies.

You all just refuse to accept anything which doesn't go along with the narrative, even if it comes straight from the horses mouth 🤦🏿‍♂️

What conspiracy?!

He said last season Buendia was great. Buendia made several excellent sub appearances and was left out after them. Underperforming ex-teammate Coutinho was included and underperformed.

The team didn't perform in a number of games. Gerrard said he would make changes. He made one/none depending on the game.

This Buendia thing is based on the reality of what's happening. Not what Gerrard says is happening.

The snap at the question today, was clearly prepared. The first person to mention Buendia was getting that Bailey retort. 

I don't know why he's so defensive about it. He can make it all go away if we start playing well, it's very simple.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

And there we are.

I didn't cherry pick stats to give false comparisons I gave you the actual ones from last season. If I wanted to play the silly game of trying to make one of our players look falsely bad I would have compared Emi's output in the past 19 games. The same amount of time Coutinho has been here. But that would be unfair on Emi as he had injury issues last season and he got displaced as a starter many times because of Phil.

The truth is we have two fantastic 10's and we are lucky to have them. They will rotate, play together and contribute just like they already have. 

No, you said the manager was picking based on output.

Do you really think the manager picks players based on stats from 40 games ago, some of which he wasn't even here for? Or does he pick on form?

If he for some strange reason does actually do this, do you think this is sensible? Or would using the most recent x number of games (I picked 15, but 10 or 5 or any other smaller number would suffice) be more sensible? 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

Or, as has been pointed out many times, player with niggling injury not risked by manager.

Isn’t this a get out of jail card for Gerrard - surely if you are fit enough to make the match day squad, you are fit enough to start?

The way he is being treated I wouldn’t blame him, if he asked to leave before this window closes 

1 hour ago, ChesterDad said:

Isn’t this a get out of jail card for Gerrard - surely if you are fit enough to make the match day squad, you are fit enough to start?

The way he is being treated I wouldn’t blame him, if he asked to leave before this window closes 

Not at all - players may have 'minutes' in them if needed, but I can understand not wanting to take unnecessary risks with his longer-term fitness. Had we not needed him, he may not have come on at all. Why risk it?

Emi seems happy here judging by his social media posts, and the manager has said he's a big fan is his. He'll rightfully get plenty of starts if he's fully fit.

Whatever we think of his managerial ability, Gerrard strikes me as a pretty ruthless character. Do we really think he's going to risk his reputation, ability to win games, his job at Aston Villa and his desire to one day get the Liverpool job, just because he's friends with Coutinho?

29 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Whatever we think of his managerial ability, Gerrard strikes me as a pretty ruthless character. Do we really think he's going to risk his reputation, ability to win games, his job at Aston Villa and his desire to one day get the Liverpool job, just because he's friends with Coutinho?

My guess is that when Gerrard tried to get Coutinho here, he promised him all the game time he would need at Villa ahead of the World Cup.

When we play a setup with two strikers, there’s only room for one south american nr 10 and so Buendia will usually be starting on the bench.

I believe SG really rates Buendia, but he may have painted himself into a corner somewhat regarding Coutinho.

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

My guess is that when Gerrard tried to get Coutinho here, he promised him all the game time he would need at Villa ahead of the World Cup.

When we play a setup with two strikers, there’s only room for one south american nr 10 and so Buendia will usually be starting on the bench.

I believe SG really rates Buendia, but he may have painted himself into a corner somewhat regarding Coutinho.

This would be my concern also in terms of game time for Coutinho 

Some people are getting defensive as the manager. 

Prime example of what people are talking about was last year against Burnley. He finally gets a start, we win and he scores. Next game against Liverpool he's back on the bench. 

Some tried to claim that this was some genius motivational tactic by Gerrard. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I think that's pretty clear that Coutinho has been promised game time. He's not coming here to sit on the bench. 

5 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I think that's pretty clear that Coutinho has been promised game time. He's not coming here to sit on the bench. 

The only trouble is,that Coutinho is not doing his WC status any favours with his current form....and,he is not doing SG any favours,for the same reason.

5 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

The only trouble is,that Coutinho is not doing his WC status any favours with his current form....and,he is not doing SG any favours,for the same reason.

100% agreed. 

Hopefully he can take step back up because he's got moments of unmatched quality inside of him. 

I'd say he had a quiet game. Definitely not good.  But then he was playing in front of a midfield two that were having terrible games, and playing roles they're no good at. 

Makes me have some sympathy for Coutinho.

Noone can perform in whatever variation of the crap formation Gerrard wants us to play. It's doomed.

Buendia pretty isolated all game. I imagine his stats won't make for pretty reading.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, WHY said:

How did he play today, didn’t see the game. 

He was lively first half. Some nice driving runs towards the Palace box and should've scored right at the end. Faded in second half but then he's that sort of player, will dip in and out of games.

We just got spoilt with Grealish, a guy who was always involved in the game winning free kicks or having mazy runs creating space. Most other creative types will be in and out.

He always looks much better when used as an impact sub. I think it’s the same for Bailey too. The problem is, we don’t really have anybody better to start. I can actually see why Gerrard prefers to start him as a sub though. Particularly away from home, I would play an extra midfield player to try and contain the opposition and then introduce Emi later on in the game.

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I thought he was easily our best player first half. 

The issue is that with how we set up, it's difficult to get the ball to our final 3rd players. 

Do you think nobody else watched the game? LOL.he had one shot on goal straight at the keeper,did nothing else until he was subbed,watkins scored a goal at least Bailey played him through but Buendia was the best player in the first half? 

Â