Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

14 minutes ago, AV82 said:

How exactly is he meant to press 11 men on his own?

Pressing must be planned on the training pitch, if not it’s just random players wasting energy and potentially opening holes in their own team. Bruno Fernandes type of pressing.

Gerrard doesn’t seem interested in playing with a high press (nothing wrong with that, there are other ways).

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Buendia must be really p***** off Coutinho arrived.

They both cannot play in the same eleven, it's one or the other.

They’re the sorts of players you build around. 

38 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

That’s like saying Bernado Silva,Foden, KDB, Mahrez ect can’t play together.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

That’s like saying Bernado Silva,Foden, KDB, Mahrez ect can’t play together.

True, but at the moment we aren't Man Citeh.

Teams are dominating us, it'd be OK if we were dominating teams. Whilst we have a weak midfield we won't get the best out of the likes of Buendia, Coutinho, Bailey and Traore.

2 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Absolutley this. Reminds me of Gerrard and Lampard. How this is even a thing in football I'll never know.

22 minutes ago, the_eristic said:

Yes, the only two times we broke their lines in the first half were due to his passes.

I would have him over Cortino every day of the week

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I would have him over Cortino every day of the week

Not a chance, Coutinho has a better end product and assists as his stats in almost a third of the games prove.

I'm of the opinion that the only reason we struggle to play them both is the midfield behind not clicking. And possibly Ollie struggling up front. I don't think the issue specifically is the two of them playing together.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I understand if Coutinho is available we cant really turn it down but to go after a player like him when we signed such a similar player in Buendia, for a club record fee too, is a bit strange.

I thought this club knew what it was doing with transfers and how our style of play wont change and that we will get a manager in that can use the current squad, I think that has totally gone out the window. We have a fairly weak CM area and you could argue we have a pretty weak defence at times. What we did have was a fairly solid forward area in Buendia/Traore/Bailey/Watkins, it still needed adding to but if you sing Ings and Coutinho on top of that and have to remove Watkins and Buendia to get them in it just doesn't make any sense.

5 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

And yet they’re supposedly best mates. 

Problem is, they are played in more or less the same position and runs into the same spaces. I would like to see a 4-2-3-1 with Coutinho in the middle and Buendia to the lest (or the other way around) I think that would work. But not squeeze them into the same no 10 role.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Maybe if we push them a bit wider so they're not stepping on top of each other and can support the FBs more. Then have Ramsey/McGinn driving through the middle.

I refuse to believe they can't play together.

Â