Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Club record signing and we are nearly half way through the season. 

He hasn't been good enough and he lost my patience and sympathy when he **** off to Argentina when the club asked him not to. 

Glimpses of excellence but that's not enough for the fee we paid. 

West Ham paid almost the same for Vlasic and he doesn't even get on the pitch.

You need to give creative forwards time with a new team, it is the only thing that works.

But yeah seems you're another guy who has made your mind up about Buendia... All because he wants to play for his country alongside the best player of all time, just on a year out from a World Cup that they are a chance of winning. Classic.

9 minutes ago, DRAGONZ_RULE said:

West Ham paid almost the same for Vlasic and he doesn't even get on the pitch.

You need to give creative forwards time with a new team, it is the only thing that works.

But yeah seems you're another guy who has made your mind up about Buendia... All because he wants to play for his country alongside the best player of all time, just on a year out from a World Cup that they are a chance of winning. Classic.

I haven't made up my mind, but that incident has made me less patient with him. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Fair enough. To me every attacking player takes a whole season and the following off season of training with their team before you can truly see whether they'll fit properly.

2 minutes ago, DRAGONZ_RULE said:

Fair enough. To me every attacking player takes a whole season and the following off season of training with their team before you can truly see whether they'll fit properly.

Ollie Watkins says hi 

Players that attempt defensive splitting passes are going to give the ball away from time to time, they won’t always come off. 

That he still tries shows bravery not lack of talent. The kid is class 

18 minutes ago, hippo said:

Ollie Watkins says hi 

Sorry it should be read in the context of my first reply to Jonah a few messages above... Creative attacking players.

Strikers are different because their job is just to get on the end of all the work from the rest of the team.

Creative attackers need time to gel with the team, need time for the team to gel with them etc.

1 minute ago, DRAGONZ_RULE said:

Sorry it should be read in the context of my first reply to Jonah a few messages above... Creative attacking players.

Strikers are different because their job is just to get on the end of all the work from the rest of the team.

Creative attackers need time to gel with the team, need time for the team to gel with them etc.

This sounds like a distinction you've pulled out of your arse.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yeh. Awesomeness. 

Complete waste of money based on what I’ve seen so far. 

This transfer, the sum especially, will take a long time to recover from if he doesn’t turn it around.

He’s been appalling.

are you ever happy man? XD

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

thought he had a great game yesterday and his stats back it up imo.

he has obviously had ups and downs, but we look better in shape now which will only benefit Buendia. whereas he previously would have few options for passes and get closed down by multiple opposition players he now has better options and we're seeing more of what he is capable of. Buendia is a playmaker. Kudos to the rest of our team and Gerrard for giving him a better platform to shine in the short term. long may it continue.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

You’re entitled to hold any grudges you want but it might be time to let this one go. Any of our players would have done the same.

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'm not sure many say he's no good. Just it hasn't been good enough at this point. 

Yeah I think it’s fine to say this kid is clearly class but hasn’t yet delivered at the level we want. He’d probably say that himself. 

Â