Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

10 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I watched the Walsall friendly on VillaTv, I thought that Buendia was outstanding, the weight of his through balls are a joy to watch. He’s such a natural footballer but what impressed me most about him was his willingness to track back and help Cash out, Traore wasn’t quite so good at this last season. When we bought Buendia, I thought we had overpaid but after watching that Walsall friendly, he has proven me wrong already. Let’s hope he can keep his pre-season up!

With all due respect mate if you think we have overpaid I wouldn’t change your mind based on a preseason friendly against Walsall. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

With all due respect mate if you think we have overpaid I wouldn’t change your mind based on a preseason friendly against Walsall. 

He was amazing against Walsall, different class, he’s a player that I’ve known of for some time but not seen that much of. I’ve just seen highlights of him on Quest. It’s an inflated market, £33m is an awful lot of money but after seeing that Walsall match, I’m confident that he’ll prove to be value for money 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I watched the Walsall friendly on VillaTv, I thought that Buendia was outstanding, the weight of his through balls are a joy to watch. He’s such a natural footballer but what impressed me most about him was his willingness to track back and help Cash out, Traore wasn’t quite so good at this last season. When we bought Buendia, I thought we had overpaid but after watching that Walsall friendly, he has proven me wrong already. Let’s hope he can keep his pre-season up!

But is he good looking?

5 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Same here, we only sign good looking players, even Matty Targett is growing on me😅

Tbf to targett he punched a bit above his weight with his fiance. But then I suppose earning 60k a week does that for you. 

He may also have se other qualities aside from being quite Doughy ;)

Edited by MotoMkali

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Tbf to targett he punched a bit above his weight with his fiance. But then I suppose earning 60k a week does that for you. 

He may also have se other qualities aside from being quite Doughy ;)

Yep, the two main criteria for incoming players are good looks, or 3" above the national average.

5 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Yep, the two main criteria for incoming players are good looks, or 3" above the national average.

I meet both criteria.

where do I sign for my £60k a week?

Edited by Thug
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Bom dia is Portuguese. Buen dia is good day in Spanish though. Buenos dias is good morning. 

Edit: I have no clue what I'm talking about. Could be both. I don't think the Spanish even say an equivalent for good day.

...whatever. he's good, he's ours and he seems a very nice chap.

Apologies!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Richie k said:

Ive a feeling Buendia is going to be what i wanted Carlos Gil to be 

Crikey, he's on another planet to CG and he will easily live up to you're expectations buddy. He's going to be a Villa legend.

• Like 2

The bit where they win the tennis game and they all hug, is it just me or are they all saying where’s Emi gone as he’s swallowed up by them all as they tower over him. 

The togetherness of the whole squad is brill though, love it, love it, love it (sorry the wife is making me watch Bake Off the Professionals)

Oh No Reaction GIF by The Great British Bake Off

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Richie k said:

Ive a feeling Buendia is going to be what i wanted Carlos Gil to be 

Gil had a lot of talent but I just don’t think he settled for some reason. It’s different for Buendia as he’s been in the country for 3 seasons. During the Walsall match, you can tell that he has a lot of quality on then ball and plenty of end product 

• Like 1

Neither him or Grealish work well as a 10.

Now I don't even see the obsession with playing with a 10.

I want us to play like Liverpool with one holding DM and 2 hard working, pressing box to box midfielders.

Buendia, Grealish and Watkins should be more than enough firepower to get your goals.

Edited by villalad21

Â