Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Dare we say, we will be okay with Buendia, if the transfer we don't wanna talk about happened?

Oh no, you went there.. 

I think we would end up signing a couple of players to TRY and replace him/improve other areas, if nothing else but to appease the fans. 

16 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Dare we say, we will be okay with Buendia, if the transfer we don't wanna talk about happened?

In terms of chance creation Buendia is a like for like replacement no doubt.

In an ideal world we can keep both though.

10 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Old man alert - why do we insist on swearing in all of our player chants/songs?!? 

There is an answer to this but it will make me sound really snobby and up my own arse, so I will decline to comment further.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

We will be ok but we would be far better than ok if that transfer didn’t happen. So let’s not entertain it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Old man alert - why do we insist on swearing in all of our player chants/songs?!? 

Isnt it just Mings and Buendia? So about 10%. I mean obvious answer is that most chants are likely started by pissed up lads/men in pubs. 

It's not like the club has come up with the song having put it to a vote.

Edited by turvontour

17 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

There is an answer to this but it will make me sound really snobby and up my own arse, so I will decline to comment further.

Go ahead.

I think a lot of the songs are shit, coarse, lack the class of Aston Villa and the humour and imagination of days past. It's just something for the chavs to sing ad infinitum. If it keeps them happy, fair enough. But I'm entitled to my snobby, autorectal opinion I guess and so are you.

• Like 2

I forgot we were playing last night so didn’t watch it #shitfan.

Caught the short highlights this morning though and saw some great things. Buendia’s two through balls were sumptuous! Did he attempt any more that didn’t come off? 

Philogen-Bidace looked very lively, him and Ramsey linking up with the rest of the team just as they do for their youth team. It seems we have a style of play that runs through the levels now, so good to see. 

Emi Buendia is going to transform us this season. With him and Jack creating so many chances for Ollie, he could easily break the 20 goal target.

28 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I forgot we were playing last night so didn’t watch it #shitfan.

Caught the short highlights this morning though and saw some great things. Buendia’s two through balls were sumptuous! Did he attempt any more that didn’t come off? 

Philogen-Bidace looked very lively, him and Ramsey linking up with the rest of the team just as they do for their youth team. It seems we have a style of play that runs through the levels now, so good to see. 

Emi Buendia is going to transform us this season. With him and Jack creating so many chances for Ollie, he could easily break the 20 goal target.

From memory, he attempted 2 and both came off.

Cash also pinged a long ball down the right wing and he just controlled it and took it down in one movement, was lovely.

What a player.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

His two assists last night were passes which not even Jack Grealish would attempt. Would be great to have them both in the same team creating in different ways. 

Jack will drive at the opposition and force them into a foul, create a chance, bring others into play or take a shot. From what we saw yesterday, Emi has the tools and guile to pick out a pass in order to unlock a high-line, or those teams that park the bus - who we've struggled with on many occasions. When we can't advance up the pitch, he has the ability to create from deep, which will be fantastic for Ollie. Both Jack and Emi will help us in retaining possession, thus keeping pressure off the defence too. 

Â