Arjan Raikhy

messi11

The Punjabi Pirlo has been brilliant in the last few weeks. The rate at which he's improved since the start of the season has been incredible, he's gone from being a slightly lightweight attacking midfielder, to developing his pressing game, dropping deeper, getting smarter and unveiling this amazing passing ability. He's now a big, strong, intelligent footballer who if he can keep on improving can make it at a very high level in the game. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The Punjabi Pirlo has been brilliant in the last few weeks. The rate at which he's improved since the start of the season has been incredible, he's gone from being a slightly lightweight attacking midfielder, to developing his pressing game, dropping deeper, getting smarter and unveiling this amazing passing ability. He's now a big, strong, intelligent footballer who if he can keep on improving can make it at a very high level in the game. 

I think he'll be the first out the young uns to 'make it'. There's something about his attitude and desire which screams premier League player. Long way to go of course as you've said but I definitely think the kid has it.

He must be the closest we have come to producing a player of British-Asian descent for the first team.  He looke quality to me but I think that about 8 players from the youth team and have to temper my enthusiasm a bit.  If 2 or 3 make it we will have done well.

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

He must be the closest we have come to producing a player of British-Asian descent for the first team.  He looke quality to me but I think that about 8 players from the youth team and have to temper my enthusiasm a bit.  If 2 or 3 make it we will have done well.

Generally agree, but normally with youth teams there are 1 or 2 standouts, while this squad has like 5-6 of them. Maybe, just maybe, we are looking at a golden generation scenario. 

8 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Easah Suliman tbf. 

Raikhy's clearly better though. 

• Thanks 1

If he keeps on progressing like this, and make it. What a figure he will be in the community. What an inspiration. God I hope he makes it, both for himself, us, and the british-asian community.

And not lets forget I can use his name for an excuse to serve more indian food to the missus of the house 😎

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

I think he'll be the first out the young uns to 'make it'. There's something about his attitude and desire which screams premier League player. Long way to go of course as you've said but I definitely think the kid has it.

That's what stood out for me, his maturity on and off the ball. He never looks flustered and seems to have that vital attribute, anticipation. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, lexicon said:

'Dahl again?'

'Look love, my hands are tied - we have a player of Indian heritage at the club now' 

"Butter chicken again?"

"no no, its tikka masala today! and tomorrow its chicken makhani!"

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

Generally agree, but normally with youth teams there are 1 or 2 standouts, while this squad has like 5-6 of them. Maybe, just maybe, we are looking at a golden generation scenario. 

Maybe. But pretty unlikely. Out of the 5-6 standout players, a couple will fall by the wayside, a couple will end up championship standard, and maybe 1-2 will make it to Premier League top 8 standard.  It's extremely difficult to make that jump from U18's to senior team.   

Put it another way, this same team plays in the U23's league. They finished 9th in the second division.   They need to be finishing near the top of the first division for 5-6 of them to be on their way to the senior team.   Of course, long way to go yet, another year or two could have them shining in the U23's.

• Like 1

They finished nineth because they're a lot younger than the other teams and also because a lot of league matches we sacrificed and played a second string U23 team to allow them to play in the FA Youth Cup. If you listen to Delaney's interviews as counter-intuitive as it may seem, whilst they'd like to get promoted it's not a priority, the priortiy is the development of individual players.

Best measure of the academy in terms of their footballing success as a team is the FA Youth Cup because that's every team playing their best players under the Age of 18, it's the one competition where winning is the main objective for everyone who takes part.

As for Raikhy probably worth remembering that he hasn't played much U23 football yet, so not sure what will happen with him next season, he's been playing very well though.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Â