Arjan Raikhy

messi11

4 minutes ago, Raver50032 said:

Pandemic anyone? Bubble? 1m plus? 

I guess they got the rule of 6 just about correct?

Sorry to be a killjoy but **** me. 

Not sure about how things are over in Engerland, but many states in the USA are maskless now and social distancing is optional, provided you're vaccinated.  

Absolutely fantastic if Raikhy continues to progress and become a first-teamer for Villa.

I'd dare say about time too, I know Cricket is the No. 1 sport for India but really they should have had some very good footballers coming through by now.

I'd be delighted if this was to happen whilst he was at Villa.

Happy Fun GIF by reactionseditor

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Not sure about how things are over in Engerland, but many states in the USA are maskless now and social distancing is optional, provided you're vaccinated.  

Yeah, I can't wait for things to be better right around the world for everyone. Here, it's still very much frowned upon to even consider hugging people outside your bubble. And even in my own bubble, my mother won't hug me. Not because I smell (!!), but she's just being ultra-careful, being elderly etc. 

There are people that have taken it very seriously indeed, and I'm not suggesting that the image posted includes people who 'don't give a toss...' but it's not a great example to be plastering everywhere. It doesn't look good. 

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Raver50032 said:

Yeah, I can't wait for things to be better right around the world for everyone. Here, it's still very much frowned upon to even consider hugging people outside your bubble. And even in my own bubble, my mother won't hug me. Not because I smell (!!), but she's just being ultra-careful, being elderly etc. 

There are people that have taken it very seriously indeed, and I'm not suggesting that the image posted includes people who 'don't give a toss...' but it's not a great example to be plastering everywhere. It doesn't look good. 

Didn't realise the virus had found its way to Tatooine! Blimey!

Well, I'm not going to turn into a gatekeeper over it. People may well be permitted to meet up in groups of six... but the last I heard about it all, we're still expected to observe the distancing. Especially in bars and shops. Absolutely no distancing there. 🤷‍♂️ Might as well have been inside Edgbaston cricket stadium. 

Good luck to him, and glad to have him on board though. 

(And there's lots worse things to be experienced on Tatooine... falling into the Mighty Sarlacc for one... and a distinct lack of factor 50 sun-cream).

• Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...

new deal for arjan too...he's looked class in the games i saw and for all the talk about the likes of chuk, barry, kessler etc i think this guy really has something about him

• Like 2

Thought he was one of the best players in the youth Cup final, if not the best. Definitely got some potential this lad!

Glad to see him (and all the others who performed so well) get extended deals. 

• Like 1

Just now, MrBlack said:

Thought he was one of the best players in the youth Cup final, if not the best. Definitely got some potential this lad!

Glad to see him (and all the others who performed so well) get extended deals. 

Think he'd really benefit from a loan move to a championship or league one club - wherever he could get regular first team game time and experience.

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

Think he'd really benefit from a loan move to a championship or league one club - wherever he could get regular first team game time and experience.

Depends whether you view the u23 league as comparable to the championship/league one

He'll likely face the same level of opposition, but without the same level of expectation/intensity. So you trade off having him play "the Villa way" for playing games that mean more at a higher intensity 

At his age I'm not sure either option is bad for him.

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

Depends whether you view the u23 league as comparable to the championship/league one

He'll likely face the same level of opposition, but without the same level of expectation/intensity. So you trade off having him play "the Villa way" for playing games that mean more at a higher intensity 

At his age I'm not sure either option is bad for him.

I weighed that up before I made my comment tbh - I think he could do with games meaning a bit more and less forgiving when it comes to mistakes. I like his skillset as it is, and I think what would make him a better player is the experience that would come with men's football. My only real question mark about him is his positional discipline as he seems to love roaming all over the pitch, which isn't always a bad thing, but it'd be good to see how that translates to a higher level. 

• Like 1

On 26/05/2021 at 11:25, ender4 said:

Maybe. But pretty unlikely. Out of the 5-6 standout players, a couple will fall by the wayside, a couple will end up championship standard, and maybe 1-2 will make it to Premier League top 8 standard.  It's extremely difficult to make that jump from U18's to senior team.   

Put it another way, this same team plays in the U23's league. They finished 9th in the second division.   They need to be finishing near the top of the first division for 5-6 of them to be on their way to the senior team.   Of course, long way to go yet, another year or two could have them shining in the U23's.

Bit of thread necromancy here, but this isn't true. The FA Youth Cup is U18's level. Some of these lads play in the U23's with the older players, some in the U18's, we tend to mix it up. It's probably true that our academy is 'top heavy' at the moment, but it is early days in it's regeneration.

The FA Youth Cup is the premier youth tournament in England. This team you talk of absolutely crushed it. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Â