Arjan Raikhy

messi11

2 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

So many of the young players seem to have potential. I don't remember us ever having so many at one time.

I realise that we have bought them, but even so, it is impressive. Looking forward to seeing how they all progress.

As long as they are given time to progress. This time last year the majority on here (including me) had no idea who any of them were and now they are being elevated to superstars of the future. We have won the youth cup before and only one or two progressed to top level. The problem these boys have, beyond the fact it is insanely difficult to get to the top is that the fan base expects rapid progress and with multi millionaire owners it might be easier to buy it rather than wait for home grown talent to develop. We will see.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TRO said:

stop teasing me?

my brothers friend who works at the supermarket, told me Raikhy is a DM who is a little like the Indian Iniesta......but taller and stronger.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

He did play a deeper role last season with Carney and Ramsey each side of him

Still found himself all over the place, though - he has a tendency to drift/roam. If there's anything that is missing from his game, it looks like it's his positional discipline (assuming that he wasn't told to play like that). The natural DM at the moment seems to be Lindley but he's got quite a long way to go from what I've seen. 

• Like 1

Raikhy played as an attacking midfielder for the U18s with his creativity being seen as his strength, but last season coming into the U23s he wasn't going to take either of Ramsey's or Chukwuemeka's place in one of the more advanced midfield positions so had to play in a deeper role, but it worked out well for him as he excelled playing there.

As a DM he's kind of a A deep-lying playmaker type, but he mixes that with excellent workrate and pressing, people often say that if we could have composite of Nakamba and Luiz then we would have a very good player, I'd say that Raikhy is close to that, albeit at U23 level, to compare him to a single player in many ways he reminds me of Kalvin Phillips, who also started out as an attacking midfielder.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MaVilla said:

my brothers friend who works at the supermarket, told me Raikhy is a DM who is a little like the Indian Iniesta......but taller and stronger.....

Gambols from me.

• Haha 1

Anyone could have predicted that more young players were going to go out on loan, so I don't think this adds anything to that 'whispers' credibility. And I very much doubt that Raikhy will be the last, it's likely that Archer, Dominic Revan, Sinisalo and perhaps Bridge will go out on loan as well. That three were going to go out on loan was pretty much stating the obvious, will more than likely be more than that.

Looking forward to seeing how Raikhy does, should be a good experience for him.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Well we ain't retaining the Youth Cup this year or are these lot too old now anyway?

We'll have to see who else we can have from the baggies. 

Â