Villa kit 2021/2

Demitri_C

12 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I echo those that would love to just see a lion with our European star as our 'badge' and do away with the rest of it.

AVFC%E3%83%AD%E3%82%B4-300x289.jpg

Yeah just saw @Jas10 post with the kit, and I like these ideas even better!

• Like 1

Regardless of the design, I always hope we go with proper, vibrant Claret ahead of each new season, like this beauty:

spacer.png

The Luke/promotion kit was quite good too.

None of this purple or dark crap please…

Our kits have always looked better than the other, so called, claret & blue sides but we’ve usually managed to avoid the dull, dark, boring crap that West Ham & Burnley wear.

Kinda what I mean but not like this, on the collar and sleeves (not just lines on the sides) instead. A bit like Barca have had in the past (because we’ll be playing like classic Barca next season baby! 🤣)

spacer.png

Slim, yellow lines/edges.

image.jpeg.f704341e6ddf2b67c4b9a37a02a42008.jpeg

Maybe, maybe not 😆

Edited by Jas10

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Regardless of the design, I always hope we go with proper, vibrant Claret ahead of each new season, like this beauty:

spacer.png

I have the longsleeve player version of this without a sponsor and it's the Villa shirt I wear the most. The tech fabric isn't as techy and elaborate as the newer ones, but it's a crisp, tidy look.

9 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I echo those that would love to just see a lion with our European star as our 'badge' and do away with the rest of it.

AVFC%E3%83%AD%E3%82%B4-300x289.jpg

Yes, me too. If we did have to simplify our badge further, I'd just have the lion and the star.

But I hate that we had to pare our badge back in the first place based on the nonsense that "less is more" gave us more appeal to international markets. For one, it's a bit patronising, as it suggests that people in countries like China, India and the US just can't process complex crest designs. And second, when you look at Liverpool and Man Utd, two of the most successful global brands in football, where on earth do their badges fit into the 'rules' of contemporary graphic design?

Liverpool's is finicky and busy as **** and Utd has some sort of saveloy sausage thing going on around the shield. And yet no one seems to struggle to cope with them and no one has ever demanded that they change things.

Edited by His Name Is Death
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, JamieZ said:

I have the longsleeve player version of this without a sponsor and it's the Villa shirt I wear the most. The tech fabric isn't as techy and elaborate as the newer ones, but it's a crisp, tidy look.

Yeah, the Nike kits were ace. No faff, high quality.

1 hour ago, His Name Is Death said:

Yes, me too. If we did have to simplify our badge further, I'd just have the lion and the star.

But I hate that we had to pare our badge back in the first place based on the nonsense that "less is more" gave us more appeal to international markets. For one, it's a bit patronising, as it suggests that people in countries like China, India and the US just can't process complex crest designs. And second, when you look at Liverpool and Man Utd, two of the most successful global brands in football, where on earth do their badges fit into the 'rules' of contemporary graphic design?

Liverpool's is finicky and busy as **** and Utd has some sort of saveloy sausage thing going on around the shield. And yet no one seems to struggle to cope with them and no one has ever demanded that they change things.

At least we didn’t do a Juventus… 🤦‍♂️
Bloody hate this:

spacer.png

the classic badge was far superior.

spacer.png

The “J” just makes  the club seem more like a commercial brand than a proper historic or iconic club. Hate this kind of mentality.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, His Name Is Death said:

_60182357_liverpool_badge_comp.jpg

Which one? 

2 hours ago, a m ole said:

_60182357_liverpool_badge_comp.jpg

Which one? 

The one on the left. It's not that I hate it at all - in fact, I like it a lot - but it runs completely counter to what designers and corporate strategists tend to aim for these days. If they were any other club, someone would have wrecked it by now. They'd say that it isn't simple enough or that the club's identity needs to evolve in order to move it into something wider than a pure football brand, like video and music streaming.

The Juventus one is a good example because it was obvious they were trying to put the club in line with Gucci and Nike. I think Juventus' chief strategy officer even used their rebrand as an example of the direction they hope other clubs will take in the future, comparing theirs against what they called "elaborate 'legacy-driven' football crests" - which immediately reminds you of the "legacy fan"/"fans of the future" comments from people involved with the ESL, doesn't it?

Edited by His Name Is Death

Wolves just partnered with Castore and their shirts for Rangers last year were practically flawless. I could see us doing a lot worse than going that route as well. Guaranteed not to be a lazy template.

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

The “J” just makes  the club seem more like a commercial brand than a proper historic or iconic club. Hate this kind of mentality.

I don't like the new one either, but this looks like it should be on the pumps for a cask of mild.

• Haha 1

On 19/05/2021 at 22:34, Ingram85 said:

Our badge could be better but I’ve made my peace with it. The change in lion and more distinct shades of yellow and blue helped loads but the Lion could still use some golden darker details added in.

I definitely prefer a shield to a round badge but that may just be because Villa have always had a shield for most of the time I’ve been a fan. As long as it’s a shield with a lion on it I don’t really care. 

- Replace AVFC with Aston Villa 

- Remove the star

- Put Football Club at the bottom of the crest 

I'd be OK with this for media and presentation but on the kits I believe it should be an embroidered lion rampant ala Liverpool's Liverbird and Tottenham's cock. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JamieZ said:

Wolves just partnered with Castore and their shirts for Rangers last year were practically flawless. I could see us doing a lot worse than going that route as well. Guaranteed not to be a lazy template.

Flawless in appearance maybe but the fans were unanimous in their criticism of the quality. Castore are shit. Worse than Macron from what the Rangers fans were saying.