Villa kit 2021/2

Demitri_C

I’ve generally been happy with Kappa. They seem to put some thought into the designs, particularly the patterns for the away and third last year (unfortunately three great kits were spoiled by the awful W88 sponsor). The retro shirts and tracksuits were a nice touch too. I think we are one of their top 5 clubs (with Napoli, Fiorentina, Monaco, and Real Betis), and their only UK Club, so perhaps we get more of a V.I.P. service. I’d like to see another few years of Kappa, but it’s probably contingent on them ironing out any quality issues and offering an improved financial deal, now that we are established in the Premier League. I have heard rumours that Kappa are about to lose Napoli, so if that happens, they will be even keener to keep hold of us. 

Nike, Adidas, and Puma do some great stuff for the bigger clubs (Inter this season, Arsenal 2019, AC Milan this season) but unless you are in the the big 3 manufacturers’ top tier, it seems like a club basically get to pick colour schemes and apply them to a few templates. The Brighton, Wolves, Leeds, Leicester, Palace and Newcastle kits from this season all reek of this approach. I’d like to think we are more attractive to a sponsor than those clubs, by having a bit more recognition globally, but unfortunately we are lagging behind the top clubs commercially, so I’m not sure how much benefit we would get from a deal with one of ‘the big 3’. I like Umbro, but I wonder if they could roll out three sets of claret and blue kits for us, West Ham and Burnley every year.

Hummel have made a comeback over the past few years and have produced some really nice stuff. They have Everton, and Southampton too from next season, I wouldn’t be opposed to them having a third go at our kits after the Kappa deal.

55 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Our home kit this season is (barring the legendary promotion kit) our best home kit since 2011/12 at least. Really looking forward to what Kappa can pull out of the bag next.

I hear it will have the face of sir Douglas on the inside of the shirt, a bit like Leicesters homage to their late chairman 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

Give me Kappa, Hummel, or Umbro over Adidas/Nike/Puma. The latter group doesn’t put any effort in unless you’re a big international brand

4 hours ago, JamieZ said:

I think nothing, but I'd be happy to see it. I would dread the template Adidas would give us with the clunky collar and weird shoulders. They wouldn't give us Arsenal quality—we'd get Wolves. Puma kits always seem cheap or shoddily designed to me. New Balance would be horrid.

Considering one of our owners owns 6% of Adidas I think we’d get the right treatment. I’m not a big fan of their designs though.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Considering one of our owners owns 6% of Adidas I think we’d get the right treatment. I’m not a big fan of their designs though.

I really like what they’ve put out for Arsenal

38 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm looking forward to the deal with Fanatics ending a lot more than I'm looking forward to a change in kit company.

Wasn’t that deal struck during the Xia regime? Go figure, it didn’t work well.

13 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm looking forward to the deal with Fanatics ending a lot more than I'm looking forward to a change in kit company.

I thought I understood this deal during the Luke season, that Luke designed and Fanatics produced, but I don't really get what they're doing for us now. We seem to have the same template as other Kappa teams. What are the pros and cons of this deal as it stands?

I will say, although I know we wouldn't get the preferential treatment with Adidas that we get with Kappa, I have an Adidas Germany away kit from the last world cup and it's more comfortable than any Villa kit I've ever owned, and I have this year's Kappa kit. The material just feels softer and nicer. 

14 hours ago, a m ole said:

he owns 6% as an investor, hes not on the board, it'd be interesting to know how much input he has there, i'm guessing very little to none

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

he owns 6% as an investor, hes not on the board, it'd be interesting to know how much input he has there, i'm guessing very little to none

According to the Adidas Group website he's on a 16 person supervisory board. 

I assumed when he bought us, we'd naturally shift to Adidas. I still think it's a bit weird that we haven't. 

Edited by ThunderPower_14
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I thought I understood this deal during the Luke season, that Luke designed and Fanatics produced, but I don't really get what they're doing for us now. We seem to have the same template as other Kappa teams. What are the pros and cons of this deal as it stands?

Luke did no such thing, 99.9% sure it was all a sham. Fanatics designed all the kits from top to bottom and Luke was just the highest bidder who just paid to have their logo put on as the ‘kit maker’ and got to be in all the PR guff and promo videos. 

19 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Luke did no such thing, 99.9% sure it was all a sham. Fanatics designed all the kits from top to bottom and Luke was just the highest bidder who just paid to have their logo put on as the ‘kit maker’ and got to be in all the PR guff and promo videos. 

Pointing Up Morgan Freeman GIF by MOODMAN

I have never understood and will never understand how football shirts can be so expensive.

I buy a lot of workout/gym clothes and you get alot better gear for less in both material and fit for less.

The breathing properties are normally allright, but the total package such a massive rip off.

30 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Whoever designed that shirt deserves a medal. Without doubt the best villa shirt in my lifetime. Iconic as well given the playoff final and how we were promoted. 

• Like 1

Our next manufacturer should be Gymshark. 

It's a billion pound brand that is really going places and the lad who started it all is a Brummie and Villa fan. I believe he is a season ticket holder. 

If you're not aware of Gymshark give it a look, it's exploded over the past year or so and you'd imagine it'd be beneficial for both Villa and Gymshark. We're the perfect club for them to expand their brand into the football market. 

Their designs are pretty simple and clean and the quality is great. The club should be working on a deal if they aren't already. 

Gymshark x Villa just makes sense. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1