Villa kit 2021/2

Demitri_C

24 minutes ago, Frank Raphael said:

Flawless in appearance maybe but the fans were unanimous in their criticism of the quality. Castore are shit. Worse than Macron from what the Rangers fans were saying. 

That's too bad. I wonder if there was a difference between the player and stadium kits or if the quality was awful across the board. They sure were nice looking.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Regardless of the design, I always hope we go with proper, vibrant Claret ahead of each new season, like this beauty:

spacer.png

The Luke/promotion kit was quite good too.

None of this purple or dark crap please…

Our kits have always looked better than the other, so called, claret & blue sides but we’ve usually managed to avoid the dull, dark, boring crap that West Ham & Burnley wear.

I love the 2 acorns kits (2009/10 is probably up there with 2018/19 as my all time favourite) but the shade of claret here is basically red. I hated the Macron/Under Armour years where we were basically West Ham purple. This is the best shade imo:

Telford United v Aston Villa - Pre-Season Friendly

Kit's not too shabby too ;) 

It was great and I’d love Luke to have at least another go but it’s never gonna happen is it?

Not particularly enamoured with Kappa… when does that deal end?

What would be the most favoured brands/manufacturers?

I probably wouldn’t like Adidas as I don’t think their designs would suit us nor would the 3 stripes… quality would be good though.

Nike would be great but they do occasionally put out some weird or dodgy designs… some exceptional ones at times too.

I think the more simplistic or even classic/retro designs, but with quality material, look best. No need to over complicate…

8 hours ago, Frank Raphael said:

No the star is shit and out of place and makes us look small time. Get rid please. 

But the star represents our European Cup win, it is a source of pride… what would be the alternative? Nothing?

I love the latest lion design, looks great n makes the old one look really naff. I actually actively avoid anything with the older lion on it, just doesn’t look that great.

7 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

It was great and I’d love Luke to have at least another go but it’s never gonna happen is it?

Not particularly enamoured with Kappa… when does that deal end?

What would be the most favoured brands/manufacturers?

I probably wouldn’t like Adidas as I don’t think their designs would suit us nor would the 3 stripes… quality would be good though.

Nike would be great but they do occasionally put out some weird or dodgy designs… some exceptional ones at times too.

I think the more simplistic or even classic/retro designs, but with quality material, look best. No need to over complicate…

I think next season is the last season of Kappa.

I would welcome Luke to having another blast at our kits.

I wouldn't be against Nike or Hummel either (as long as the chevrons don't fall off after 2 washes).

No to Adidas, Reebok, Under Armour, Umbro and Puma.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I wouldn't be against Nike or Hummel either (as long as the chevrons don't fall off after 2 washes).

From the club’s perspective, it’s got to be a lucrative deal and commercially desirable (globally) so that would rule out Luke unless it was a joint venture/design or he designed it on behalf of another brand…

I don’t think the ownership are too bothered about design & quality so long as it brings us the big bucks…

Nike… sure.

Not sure about Hummel at all…

Can you elaborate on why you would be against the ones you mentioned?

Puma? 🤔 

I wouldn't mind us adopting this Sheild again.

WQip7ZBpdjulhypx_vApB5yM1QuBlPQ5l-OXLT7U

However, a more rampant looking Lion and also ASTON VILLA rather than 'Prepared'.

“Prepared” is a bit shit really isn’t it? 🤣

How did it originate?

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

From the Latin "praeparare" - to make ready 

🤣 you know what I mean!

How and why did we decide to use it? 
And then sensibly scrapped it…

I’d rather achieve success than just prepare for it 🤣

19 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Can’t stand Umbro…

New Balance any good?

9 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

From the club’s perspective, it’s got to be a lucrative deal and commercially desirable (globally) so that would rule out Luke unless it was a joint venture/design or he designed it on behalf of another brand…

I don’t think the ownership are too bothered about design & quality so long as it brings us the big bucks…

Nike… sure.

Not sure about Hummel at all…

Can you elaborate on why you would be against the ones you mentioned?

Puma? 🤔 

Sure mate.

I don't think Umbro are that much a big name anymore (Are they not under the Nike umbrella anyway).

I don't think Reebok are as effective as they once were when they sponsored us way back when. (Do they even supply kits for teams anymore?)

Adidas I don't like due to their kits all look the same and lazy templates etc. 

Puma I am probably being a little harsh on but from seeing other leisure and training gear of PL teams they've not looked that desirable. That's not to say they wouldn't do a good effort with us I suppose.

Under Armour is a mistake, I actually meant Macron* who were our suppliers the season we got relegated and their quality was poor.

22 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

“Prepared” is a bit shit really isn’t it? 🤣

How did it originate?

I believe from our wonderful founder, William McGregor.

Our lion and the lion that was once on the badge of Glasgow Rangers are very similar, as too was our motto 'Prepared' with Rangers motto being 'Ready'.

William McGregors wife, Jessie, was a Hearts fan and he himself a Rangers fan - our colours come from these two teams, the Claret of Hearts and the Blue of Rangers.

Fwiw. Our stadiums similarities also came from both being designed by the same scottish architect, Archibald Leitch, but not much of that architecture is left in our stadium now sadly.

Anyway, back OT.

I look forward to seeing what is unveiled as our kits etc. for next season. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Sure mate.

I don't think Umbro are that much a big name anymore (Are they not under the Nike umbrella anyway).

I don't think Reebok are as effective as they once were when they sponsored us way back when. (Do they even supply kits for teams anymore?)

Adidas I don't like due to their kits all look the same and lazy templates etc. 

Puma I am probably being a little harsh on but from seeing other leisure and training gear of PL teams they've not looked that desirable. That's not to say they wouldn't do a good effort with us I suppose.

Under Armour is a mistake, I actually meant Macron* who were our suppliers the season we got relegated and their quality was poor.

Cheers.

Yeah, I don’t know enough to judge in all honesty.

Umbro is usually fugly.

Macro were complete shite, tacky cheap crap.

I guess I’ve always preferred Nike’s designs but they do mess up at times. Some of the more classic & more plain/simple  stuff they produce is quality 👌

That France shirt with the collars, simple and plain was lovely imo.

They’ve created some great stuff for Barca over the years too, always liked that light or pale brown kit that I remember Ronaldinho wearing…

And, of course, they produced some nice stuff for us at the time, seemed short lived though.

• Like 1

I believe from our wonderful founder, William McGregor.

Our lion and the lion that was once on the badge of Glasgow Rangers are very similar, as too was our motto 'Prepared' with Rangers motto being 'Ready'.

William McGregors wife, Jessie, was a Hearts fan and he himself a Rangers fan - our colours come from these two teams, the Claret of Hearts and the Blue of Rangers.

Fwiw. Our stadiums similarities also came from both being designed by the same scottish architect, Archibald Leitch, but not much of that architecture is left in our stadium now sadly.

Anyway, back OT.

I look forward to seeing what is unveiled as our kits etc. for next season. 

Thank you, feel a bit bad for criticising it now 😅

• Haha 1