Villa kit 2021/2

Demitri_C

9 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I have never understood and will never understand how football shirts can be so expensive.

I buy a lot of workout/gym clothes and you get alot better gear for less in both material and fit for less.

The breathing properties are normally allright, but the total package such a massive rip off.

Football economics, FFP and chasing these huge deals has unsurprisingly looped back round to the fan paying for it

The likes of utd want £100m a year from Adidas and then Adidas want to recoup that money by making everything more expensive to buy

Villa and the others merely follow along, it's €90 a shirt here so villa are still "cheap" the disappointing thing for me is that the training gear has also gone up in price

On 13/05/2021 at 14:00, Sulberto21 said:

Weren't our kits at one point chocolatey brown?

Bit of a late reply on this one, but the only one I think you could be referring to would be a kit from 1886 which looked a bit more of a chocolate and blue than claret and blue.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Bit of a late reply on this one, but the only one I think you could be referring to would be a kit from 1886 which looked a bit more of a chocolate and blue than claret and blue.

The official description of our colours at the time included the word ‘chocolate’ too, as I understand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Frank Raphael said:

Our next manufacturer should be Gymshark. 

It's a billion pound brand that is really going places and the lad who started it all is a Brummie and Villa fan. I believe he is a season ticket holder. 

If you're not aware of Gymshark give it a look, it's exploded over the past year or so and you'd imagine it'd be beneficial for both Villa and Gymshark. We're the perfect club for them to expand their brand into the football market. 

Their designs are pretty simple and clean and the quality is great. The club should be working on a deal if they aren't already. 

Gymshark x Villa just makes sense. 

Didn't know this about the founder of gym shark, but do know their stuff is good. Count me in on this bandwagon,  assuming they can ramp up their production without sacrificing quality

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Frank Raphael said:

Our next manufacturer should be Gymshark. 

It's a billion pound brand that is really going places and the lad who started it all is a Brummie and Villa fan. I believe he is a season ticket holder. 

If you're not aware of Gymshark give it a look, it's exploded over the past year or so and you'd imagine it'd be beneficial for both Villa and Gymshark. We're the perfect club for them to expand their brand into the football market. 

Their designs are pretty simple and clean and the quality is great. The club should be working on a deal if they aren't already. 

Gymshark x Villa just makes sense. 

Check out Jim Shark over here 😅

You'll have to outbid the other companies mate

5 hours ago, lexicon said:

Check out Jim Shark over here 😅

You'll have to outbid the other companies mate

If it was up to me I'd go for Nike because of the training stuff and jackets. 

Just saying Gymshark would be a great choice. I have nothing to do with them. 

42 minutes ago, Frank Raphael said:

If it was up to me I'd go for Nike because of the training stuff and jackets. 

Just saying Gymshark would be a great choice. I have nothing to do with them. 

I was just messing around mate 🙂

Of all the kit makers we've had lately, besides Luke, I did like the Under Armour kits - no idea what their training stuff was like, though. With you on Nike, though. 

• Like 1

Not much to moan about today.

However, does anyone else still hate the badge?

A modernised version of the round one, or a reworked crest would do me.

It looks good in some presentations, but mostly terrible on media, tv and other applications IMO.

Even if it's much imporved from the initial Limp lion and weak font.

• Like 1

Our badge could be better but I’ve made my peace with it. The change in lion and more distinct shades of yellow and blue helped loads but the Lion could still use some golden darker details added in.

I definitely prefer a shield to a round badge but that may just be because Villa have always had a shield for most of the time I’ve been a fan. As long as it’s a shield with a lion on it I don’t really care. 

Edited by Ingram85

I love the badge. Maybe another update to touch it up and improve like last time, but it's pretty iconic by this point. The sky blue background of the badge was a great choice at it just gives us this regal aura, even when we were at our lowest

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Our badge could be better but I’ve made my peace with it. The change in lion and more distinct shades of yellow and blue helped loads but the Lion could still use some golden darker details added in.

I definitely prefer a shield to a round badge but that may just be because Villa have always had a shield for most of the time I’ve been a fan. As long as it’s a shield with a lion on it I don’t really care. 

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I love the badge. Maybe another update to touch it up and improve like last time, but it's pretty iconic by this point. The sky blue background of the badge was a great choice at it just gives us this regal aura, even when we were at our lowest

51 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

Aston Villa are 146 years old.

For 19 of those years we had a circular badge (13%) so it is NOT traditional. For perspective, we've had 20 seasons where we haven't had claret shirts with blue sleeves.

I'm a traditionalist when it comes to the home kit; claret body, blue sleeves and a CREST/SHIELD. Tweak, modernise, maybe do little gimmicks year to year or celebrate as a one off (maybe a round badge for one season to commemorate 50 years when we get there) but basically leave it alone. Change to circle on the behest of 40+ year old guys reminising about the glory years and we'll be in the same situation when the next generation reach our age craving the badge of the 90s with stripes etc.

Funnily enough, most fans of other teams put our badge as one of the best in the division!

Valid points.

Can we have Aston Villa Football Club on it at least?

Modernisation of the Shield style we had before this one?

Also, I think the gold lion, on a claret background would give much better contrast and " regal ' presence.

Work the blue in the badge in other areas.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

The 3D textured versions of the badge as used on the kits look amazing, probably the best I've ever seen on a kit, but I think it looks a bit basic when it's in flat colours in print and digital. This is so that it is clear at both a very small scale as an icon on a phone and blown up on the side of the stadium, but means it lacks a bit of character overall. 

I'd like to see them keep the version of the lion, maybe revert to 'Aston Villa' rather than AVFC, (maybe throw in an 1874 too) and look for a more unique shape that would stand out among all the other circles and shields, maybe a diamond shape. I've always thought a diamond would work well, since the outline is basically an 'A' on top of a 'V'!

• Thanks 1

On 19/05/2021 at 08:59, AvfcRigo82 said:

Excellent historical knowledge Andy. I’d only expect TRO to remember that far back 😅

• Haha 1

On 19/05/2021 at 06:45, Demitri_C said:

U quite like under armour. 

I wouldnt mind having them

Under Armour who have their own trophy hunting tv channel?

No thanks, utter contemptible company.