Villa kit 2021/2

Demitri_C

Not great, not terrible in my opinion. Quite a nice style but a few inexplicable choices - what is going on with that collar? And the inside sleeve is a bit dodgy, would’ve been better just as the claret and blue striped band. 

May not be the real deal of course, as shirt manufacturers tend to make a few prototypes I believe. But I think the account it’s come from is quite good at finding leaked kits in fairness. 

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I hope the away and the 3rd shirts are much better.

None of that would make up for this…

The home shirt is the most important, by far.

I’ll continue to disbelieve this until any more info or images are revealed…

Surely they can’t mess this up this badly? Last kit was a fine effort…

25 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Please be fake…

Agreed. That is awful.  I don't like the stripes on the main body, the collar is awful and somehow the sleeves are even worse.  Please be fake.

4 minutes ago, useless said:

3 minutes ago, MadridVilla said:

Not great, not terrible in my opinion. Quite a nice style but a few inexplicable choices - what is going on with that collar? And the inside sleeve is a bit dodgy, would’ve been better just as the claret and blue striped band. 

May not be the real deal of course, as shirt manufacturers tend to make a few prototypes I believe. But I think the account it’s come from is quite good at finding leaked kits in fairness. 

face GIF

I actually don’t mind it. As long as its quite tight fitting on our men then I’m happy. (Kenneth me) 

Which former home kit are the stripes a nod to based on recent history? Can’t recall a similar design in the last 20 years or so? 

Edited by Tayls

If that shirt was all claret it would actually be quite nice. The way the blue sleeves join the shoulders is too awkward. They nailed it last year. Somehow they regressed to even worse than the 19/20 kit.

• Like 1

Just now, allani said:

Agreed. That is awful.  I don't like the stripes on the main body, the collar is awful and somehow the sleeves are even worse.  Please be fake.

There’s nothing good about it… disgusts me 😆

• Like 1

Just now, Tayls said:

I actually don’t mind it. As long as its quite tight fitting on our men then I’m happy.

Which former home kit are the stripes a nod to based on recent history? Can’t recall a similar design in the last 20 years or so? 

Carry On Mood GIF

6 minutes ago, Tayls said:

This was what I thought of immediately. Loved the shadow stripes on the Le Coq Sportif shirt. My 1st Villa shirt!

b5b0b582f5a27155f9718108a82604d2.jpg

I think it's something of an homage to that.

• Like 1

Might be a good time to post that if anyone has any of the 3 Luke shirts that they want to sell I'd happily pay for any of them.
Gutted i didn't get one at the time.

Anyway I don't hate that leaked kit. I love me a shadow strip or 2.

We had many in the 80's including this beauty!

aston-villa-away-football-shirt-1985-198

Edited by TheAuthority