Match Thread: Villa v Man United

limpid

Just now, picicata said:

You are aware there is another team on the pitch? And they're the 2nd best team in the league?

And you honestly think we are not trying to play football?

See comment below yours. 

First half feels like we were back to being the blood hounds. We very much took it to them and stomped on alot of there moves, hope we keep it up in second half.

More of the same please with no defensive screw up.

Guest av1

Great 1st half. As great as his goal was for I’d like to see a little bit more defensive awareness from Traore, a bit more involvement from Barkley, and I think we can win this. 

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The more you see Traores goal, the more outstanding it is.

The angles was almost impossible to place it where he did!

Was like the goals I would score on pro evolution soccer, insane 

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

I think if you don't pass and move for 10 minutes it is very hard. But when we actually try to we can and are a very good side. 

What if, for example, the world class opponents we are facing happen to apply a lot of pressure and close down our passing lanes over a 5 minute period. What do we do then? Just try harder? Move more? It’s not that simple mate. We’re playing very well against a formidable Man Utd side. Don’t read too much into a small period where they have the ball and we don’t.

3 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

If we're to make any changes I think the first to go should be Ross. He's not been terrible, but he doesn't look very sharp and goes missing. Also isn't pressing enough.

Would love to see Carney get a debut.

He needed 5 outstanding games for us to sign him.

Doesn't add enough at all.

It's just not happening.

• Like 1

Just now, Brumerican said:

I expected more from super league quality opposition.

That's great, real funny.

We’ve been brilliant in the high press. Really excellent. 

We’ve defended our box really well. 

We’ve been played really deep at times, but we can absorb that as long as we don’t allow Fernandes time around the D, and as long as we don’t leave Matty and Matt 1v2. 

We’re really good at playing out from the back. 

We can be more clinical on the break. Wasted some good chances through poor touches or hesitation. 

They’ll get a pen at some point, so we need to score at least one more to win. 

• Like 2

Just now, It's Your Round said:

Traore tracking back to nick the ball of Pogba as he shaped to shoot, shows the difference in our attitude today. 

We need a big second half now 

Looked like pogba judo sweeped him lol.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

Can't grumble about that, we've looked balanced and carry a threat, I think the back four have been good and McGinn and Luiz have been excellent.

United are more than capable and have had chances, the ref might still have a part to play, but can't grumble about that first half!

Great finish by Traore.

• Like 1