Ratings & Reactions: Sheff Utd v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/03/21 at 23:59

Well done to them. The midfield worked against Leeds because for the most part their job was to cover spaces and interrupt play. Against Sheff Utd, a completely different kind of game, our midfield trio looked lost and unbalanced. 

Mentally not ready for the game. Didn't deserve anything and got nothing.

• Like 2

Feels like I've said it a few times this season but that's just one of those games. Their goal was fortunate and we conspired to do everything but score.

One to write off completely. Still plenty more chances to put it right. 

• Like 4

We are scraping wins when we get them and then ending up with results like this in other weeks.

Saw this result coming a mile off. We are horribly inconsistent and only where we are because of what I'd consider an elite level goalkeeper.

8th-12th probably our ceiling with this coaching setup. Which is fine considering where we were last year. 

• Like 1

Sent out the wrong team. Sentiment keeping Nakamba and Ramsey in after a good perfromance. You couldn't get a more different game. They had one chance and it went in but the responsibility is one us to break them downa nd you just knew we wouldn't be able to. You just f%^king knew.

• Like 1

4 minutes added time and to blow up on 4 minutes is a **** joke. VAR must've taken 3 or 4 minutes on the red card alone plus 6 subs or so at 30 seconds a piece?

Officials were abysmal tonight all round Inc. The red card. Useless.

Doesn't excuse the embarrassing performance. Complacency in this squad is a real issue. It's no coincidence we keep losing against the teams we should be beating.

Elmo and Targett were just shockingly bad tonight. Elmore especially at fault for the goal by trying to let it run. Inexcusable for a player with his experience. 

McGinn isn't good enough, sorry.

Just crap all around. So disappointed. 

• Like 1

Crap crossing; can't beat first man or easy for their keeper. 

If the likes of Keinan Davies is our plan B then we got some serious spending needed in the summer

Really hope Sheffield notches up another couple of wins because it would be embarrassing if Villa were among the teams who lost to the 2nd worst team in PL history

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Is he responsible for the number of sitters we missed?

What sitters?? All i saw was eveey  either going straight to ramsdale or miles over all our players

I expect our players to apply some pressure against ten men with meaningful chances. Smith struggling bad without grealish. Showing his limitations for me.

Â