Ratings & Reactions: Sheff Utd v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/03/21 at 23:59

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

We did a lot right, don’t lose your heads

D1F4EED6-B1D2-4EA9-8C64-9B4715753088.jpeg

That's ridiculous. Ramsdale had one save, from a shot that was straight at him. This was the worst performance of the season, narrowly edging the garbage we saw against Brighton. 

• Like 1

We had a million chances, they had half of one. Shit happens. Red card possibly didn't work in our favour weirdly. Just meant that a team, who generally doesn't concede much, dug in.

Very frustrating but hard to unlock a team, set up to defend, with something to protect 

• Like 1

we havent scored more than 1 goal in a game, for the last 7 PL games.

That was Sheff Utd's SECOND clean sheet in 27 games (i think).

I said this could be a banana skin in the build up thread.

Shockingly bad, and unfortunately not unexpected.

• Like 1

Sadly that was a somewhat predictable result this season. Big away win at Leeds and an opportunity to win again against the bottom team in the division, an opportunity chucked away even with a man advantage.

We played ok in spells, which should have been enough to beat these barbarians. But on the whole, far too casual and far too sloppy. Targett's worst game of the season. Something looked really off with him.

Just now, Tomaszk said:

That referee was quite something.

Can't recall anything like it since the Championship.

McGoldrick should have been sent off for his foul on Konsa, instead, he won a foul.

Joke.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

We did a lot right, don’t lose your heads

D1F4EED6-B1D2-4EA9-8C64-9B4715753088.jpeg

Absolutely correct! It means diddly squat if you don’t take your chances though. That’s 3 points dropped. 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

4 shots on target? Against 10 men and the worst team in the league?

Check the stats for how many sloppy passes or crosses that went straight to ramsdale

We could have had three plus a penalty on another night

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaddytheVillan said:

That's ridiculous. Ramsdale had one save, from a shot that was straight at him. This was the worst performance of the season, narrowly edging the garbage we saw against Brighton. 

Rubbish

This one's not on Smith. The team selection was fine. The subs were fine. Shape and tactics fine. It was just a perfect storm of every single player to a man having a bad game. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

That ref, I mean, come on.

Untidy tonight, felt like players didn't stick to whatever gameplan was agreed and poor crossing for the most part. 

Watkins work rate good, but he is starving, set him up something tasty boys.

Just now, Villa 59 said:

Ffs mate, you need to calm down a bit 

Are you ok Hun?

Im calm babes just showing my passion at what a wasted opportunity.

This was best chance in ywars we could gwt europe and we have blown it. Midtable it is 

6 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

That's all on Smith.

One thing for certain, we have no idea how to come back from a losing position. I always thought that was down to tactical knowledge, making early changes, maybe I know nothing

1 minute ago, TheMelvillan said:

We had a million chances, they had half of one. Shit happens. Red card possibly didn't work in our favour weirdly. Just meant that a team, who generally doesn't concede much, dug in.

Very frustrating but hard to unlock a team, set up to defend, with something to protect 

You're giving them too much credit. Every team in the league should be able to create more than one real opportunity against the club marooned at the bottom. And it's far from a one off. When did we last score more than one goal in a game? 

Â