Ratings & Reactions: Sheff Utd v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/03/21 at 23:59

Theres this seeming desperation in football for everything to be right, with VAR slowing the game down and reviewing, drawing offside lines and overruling decisions etc.

Why then can we have 2 corners denied and given as goal kicks to Sheff U, one of which they score moments after? They weren't even contentious ones.

This isnt a rant, it's a genuine question. Is the want to get most things right but not all of it, because all of it takes too long?

After watching tonight and Man City Iast night I also want to know what the point of a linesman is going forward. Them just giving their likely wrong opinion of offside/who the ball hit last etc seems pointless when we can know.

annoying result. Why top 10 is more likely. Still, whilst I think this result would have disappointed us regardless of how we'd already started the season, let's hope jack and cash are back soon. 

Wrong game for Ramsay maybe, but he'll learn. 

I think our inconsistency is shown by the fact we have only drawn 3 games all season. So we basically either win or lose. I first started to watch Villa regularly in the  early to mid 2000s when virtually every game I went to at Villa Park seemed to be 1-1 versus nonentity sides like Middlesboro, Charlton and Portsmouth and to be last on MOTD. Good times. 

3 minutes ago, doaflip said:

Think we only have 3 or 4 players good enough for a European push.

Massive investment needed in the summer and I include replacing the coaching team in that if we intend to progress.

... last year we only had 3 or 4 players good enough to stay in the league.. don’t agree about the coaches.. surely this is progression..

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think our inconsistency is shown by the fact we have only drawn 3 games all season. So we basically either win or lose. I first started to watch Villa regularly in the  early to mid 2000s when virtually every game I went to at Villa Park seemed to be 1-1 versus nonentity sides like Middlesboro, Charlton and Portsmouth and to be last on MOTD. Good times. 

MON mantra.. if you can’t win.. don’t lose..

1 hour ago, AVFCDAN said:

Konsa great, Ming’s pretty good everyone else 5/10, not good enough.

So frustrating losing to a team with absolutely nothing to play for.

Except their pride.

52 minutes ago, Villa 59 said:

Think positive....the overall improvement this season has been fantastic. I'm more than happy with our position the table.

I am too but nights like tonight bring us back down to last season pre lockdown.  Never should we be losing this game under those circumstances 

It was a horror show

• Like 1

We are a work in progress moving from the championship with an ageing, borrowed team that needed replacing and which nearly went back after one season into the supposedly the hardest league in the world. Seriously why would we want to be in Europe next year? We would have extra matches more travelling and a squad not really good enough for the level of opposition in the later stages.  Apart from being able to laud it over Blues, Baggies and Wolves fans we would run a real risk of finishing lower in the premier league at the end of the season. It happened to Burnley and is likely to happen to Wolves this season. With a bit of patience Europe is realistic but if we are going to get there we need to be able to compete and maintain a high level in the premier league at the same time, we therefore need more time to assemble a squad strong enough to do both. Tonight clearly proved we don’t have that but with time it is very achievable.

1 hour ago, Giro said:

Not that I expected it but so long Europe 

It was always wishful thinking imo.

we are not good enough for that just yet.

1 hour ago, doaflip said:

We are scraping wins when we get them and then ending up with results like this in other weeks.

Saw this result coming a mile off. We are horribly inconsistent and only where we are because of what I'd consider an elite level goalkeeper.

8th-12th probably our ceiling with this coaching setup. Which is fine considering where we were last year. 

I agree....I half expected this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I agree....I half expected this.

Yep.

Sheffield United were never gonna be an easy game. People who thought that are completely deluded.

Still think our quality would shine through but you have to admire the heroic defending from Sheffield United. They clearly haven't given up yet.

Edited by villalad21

The next person who says "ah but look how far we have come since last season" can kiss my arse..thats just a  lazy excuse for a shocking performance..and we have had a few of those lately

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

The next person who says "ah but look how far we have come since last season" can kiss my arse..thats just a  lazy excuse for a shocking performance..and we have had a few of those lately

Don't be daft, not so long ago we couldn't pay a £5m tax bill an were trying to sell Jack to keep afloat in the Championship. We were the better side, got dicked over by some crazy officiating and lost. Not the end of the world, and by no means anything like as bad a position as we have been until very, very recently. 

• Like 1

Â