Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

I feel like we'll lose this. So by Villa fashion we'll win this 3-0. We all get over the top of dreaming of European footie to then lose to Leeds. 

The whole team is out of form minus Martinez. They're playing well and Barnes will have a field day against Elmo. 

I think the line up will be the same but Elmo and Trez in for Cash and Traore.

1 hour ago, AJ said:

" Refereed" by Michael Oliver. ☹️

I wondered why the sad face so I googled and he was the ref that gave the Luiz pen at United and gave then overturned the Trez pen against Brighton. He was also the ref when we lost 4-0 at the King Power last season and gave a pen against us.

However, he was also the ref with the faulty Hawkeye watch so possibly now thinks he owes a lifetime of dodgy decisions against.

On 15/02/2021 at 12:34, supermon said:

Think this will be a game where Leicester will have majority of possession. I'd play Nakamba in this one to offer the defence some protection. Also drop Barkley for either Samson or Ramsey.

Said it many times but the extra rest we get over other teams doesn't seem to have a positive effect. Doubt them playing Europa will do anything, we'll still be lethargic like we have in last few games.

You are right....rest don't seem to benefit us.

21 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I worry that Elmo sometimes just steers a winger into an area where there are other defenders rather than address the ball carrier himself - that can be quite effective, but Barnes in particular will welcome that, he can keep coming until he draws a CB out of position and wait for space for Vardy.

I think there is more than Elmo that does that.....but i get your point.

5 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

I feel like we'll lose this. So by Villa fashion we'll win this 3-0. We all get over the top of dreaming of European footie to then lose to Leeds. 

The whole team is out of form minus Martinez. They're playing well and Barnes will have a field day against Elmo. 

I think the line up will be the same but Elmo and Trez in for Cash and Traore.

I actually thought 15 minutes aside they were actually quite disappointing against Liverpool.  Yes they were playing the champions but until they scored they were easily second best and lucky to still be in the game.  Prior to that they had won 1 in 4 and that included defeats to Leeds and a draw against wolves. 

They are a good team with a strong squad. But their form in terms of points is similar to ours. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Could see us getting a spanking in this. Leicester look as strong as they did the year they won the league and the side we beat early in the season was missing some of their best players.

I'll say 2-1 to them but I do fear worse.

Very surprised they are that strong bearing in mind their collapse last season. They absolutely should have got Champions League and the blow up was incredible.

Well, there's no excuse if they look fresher on Sunday. Oh, wait, we all had Covid.

Excuses for all. Except you Ross :rant:

29 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Hmm... I feel like a loss is incoming, just feel it. Fingers crossed I’m wrong!

Leicester in action tonight in Europa Lge. Hopefully they have a tough game which will hopefully work in our favour  and we see a good game on Sunday.  :D

21 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Leicester in action tonight in Europa Lge. Hopefully they have a tough game which will hopefully work in our favour  and we see a good game on Sunday.  :D

And a few injuries (no that’s mean, I’d never wish anyone injured... maybe just vardy?)

I take it back guys, Grealish has nothing when it comes to diving compared to those we played tonight bloody hell 😂

Be interesting to see how knackered we are after that, wouldn't say we went 100% effort in but Slavia played well

Our lineup will likely be very similar to tonights

Schmeichel
Castagne, Evans, Soyuncu, Ricardo
Tielemans, Ndidi
Albrighton, Maddison, Barnes
Vardy