Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

23 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

We're not that bad at home, just feels like it because we had that run of defeats a while back. 5 wins out of 10 home games so 50% win ratio and there isn't that many teams with home record as good as that in this unique season when you look at how Liverpool have fared at Anfield in last six weeks.

Everton above us and think they've only won 4 out of 11 home games.

Beyond the Liverpool battering it's been pretty meh. Several matches we haven't turned up at all.

18 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Beyond the Liverpool battering it's been pretty meh. Several matches we haven't turned up at all.

West Ham is the only home game that I can think of that qualifies as "didn't turn up at all".

Edit: And Leeds

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

West Ham is the only home game that I can think of that qualifies as "didn't turn up at all".

First half v Southampton wasn't good at all and we fell away badly after conceding v Leeds. In more recent times we have won 3 out of our last 4 so we're actually in very good home form compared to majority of the league and played two fewer games than many in the league.

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

First half v Southampton wasn't good at all and we fell away badly after conceding v Leeds. In more recent times we have won 3 out of our last 4 so we're actually in very good home form compared to majority of the league and played two fewer games than many in the league.

I still maintain that in only 2 home games we have failed to "turn up at all: 

54 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

You don't think we turned up at all v Southampton? We scored 3 goals in the 2nd half and dominated.

We also let in 3 or 4 goals in 45 minutes. It was a complete embarrassment. Only reason we got a few back was because Southampton switched off. 

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

We also let in 3 or 4 goals in 45 minutes. It was a complete embarrassment. Only reason we got a few back was because Southampton switched off. 

You said we didn't turn up at all. I disagreed. Still do. 

Anyway, let's hope we do better today.